Teachers Elementary/ Different Subjects/ Multiple positions
Poudre School District (PSD), located in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado, is seeking Teachers Elementary/ Different Subjects/ Multiple positions beginning in the 2023-24 year at 2 of our schools:
Teacher Elementary - 2nd Grade - Putnam Elementary – applications accepted through March 27, 2023
Teacher Elementary Special Education - Bauder Elementary – applications accepted through March 27, 2023
PSD offers competitive salaries with an excellent benefits package, including the State of Colorado’s PERA retirement, paid leave, health and life insurance, as well as free mental health support. We also have a nationally renowned teacher mentoring program to support the development and retention of high-quality teachers, as well as incentivized professional development for staff.
PSD is the 8th largest school district in Colorado including 55 schools serving ~30,000 students with 5,000 staff under one collective mission: to educate… every child, every day. We exist to support and inspire every child to think, to learn, to care, and to graduate prepared to be successful in a changing world. Our district proudly supports 1,856 square miles in northern Colorado. Nestled against the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and alongside the banks of the Cache La Poudre River, Fort Collins is recognized as the #1 best place to live nation-wide (Livability) and the #1 place in Colorado to raise a family (Business Week).
Responsible for instructing elementary level students in appropriate subject areas in coordination with current curriculum and within the framework of District and state content standards.
1. Develop, plan, prepare, and implement:
a. Course content, format, structure, and schedule.
b. Individualized programs of instruction for students.
c. Classroom materials and curriculum.
d. Lesson plans and learning activities.
2. Instruct students in large, small, and one-on-one situations.
3. Administer, edit, proofread, and grade students’ assignments and assessments.
4. Create a classroom environment which maximizes instructional opportunity, supervise the behavior and wellbeing of students in the classroom and all educational settings, and administer discipline when appropriate.
5. Design assessment tasks that allow students to demonstrate understanding in a variety of ways and use the data to give meaningful feedback and modify instruction.
6. Monitor student growth and progress, adapt support as needed, and maintain documentation pertinent to academic, social, and emotional progress and needs of students.
7. Communicate students’ progress, and needs with parents/guardians and other staff as needed.
a. With teachers, support personnel, administrators, and colleagues to enhance instruction and improve student outcomes.
b. With colleagues in team and building-based meetings and discussions.
9. Demonstrate a commitment to:
a. Understand, appreciate, and make accommodations for student diversity.
b. Include and engage families in the student’s education.
c. Support all Poudre School District policies, procedures, and expectations.
d. Provide personal and professional excellence.
10. Participate in:
a. Department, team, building, and district meetings and discussions.
b. Student and/or family conferences and other meetings.
c. Social, cultural, interscholastic, and extracurricular activities.
d. Professional growth opportunities.
11. Attend work and arrive in a timely manner.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Licenses required:
-Bachelor’s degree with proper teaching licensure program required.
-Experience instructing students in a classroom setting preferred.
-Valid Colorado teaching license with appropriate endorsements required.
-CPR and First Aid certifications encouraged.
Questions regarding this posting can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org