Security Assistant (GS-6)
Apply online through 3/31/2023 at: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/713754700
This opportunity is open to US Citizens and Nationals.
This is NOT a remote work opportunity. The position is located at Limestone, Maine. Telework may be authorized within the local commuting area.
Performs alarm system operations at the site to include Intrusion detection equipment (IDE), Closed circuit television monitors (CCTV) and access control devices.
Assists site Security Specialist with the day-to-day physical security of the Limestone facility, employees and the classified storage facility.
Monitors and controls proposed visitor entry/access points to DFAS-LI space and the associated access control devices.
Assists in the implementation and enforcement of the DoD Force Protection program for the facility and performs Random Antiterrorism Measures daily.
Issues the DoD Common Access Card (CAC) and military, retiree and dependent ID cards; performs fingerprinting as required.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S Citizen or National
- Registered for Selective Service (males born after 12-31-1959)
- Suitable for federal employment
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination
Human Resources will determine your qualifications for each entry grade level based on your interest and the additional following criteria. Resumes for federal government positions need more detailed work descriptions and accomplishments than a typical private sector resume. Please be sure to clearly describe the full scope of your work experiences in your resume. Combinations of education and experience may also be sufficient.
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-05) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized Experience Is Defined As:
- Experience Applying security-related rules, procedures, or operations to perform security support functions for a facility or organization.
- Paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social) is qualifying. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
- Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience is generally not applicable above GS-05, but may be considered if it is directly related to the position being filled.
- Six months of graduate education may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement when it is directly related to the position being filled
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be used to substitute for the specialized experience requirement.
For additional information or to apply visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/713754700