Outcomes & Data Analytics Assistant - (Per Diem)
How you move is why we’re here. ®
Now more than ever.
Get back to what you need and love to do.
The possibilities are endless...
Now more than ever, our guiding principles are helping us in our search for exceptional talent - candidates who align with our unique workplace culture and who want to maximize
the abundant opportunities for growth and success.
If this describes you then let’s talk!
HSS is consistently among the top-ranked hospitals for orthopedics and rheumatology by U.S. News & World Report. As a recipient of the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence, HSS was the first hospital in New York City to receive the distinguished designation. Whether you are early in your career or an expert in your field, you will find HSS an innovative, supportive and inclusive environment.
Working with colleagues who love what they do and are deeply committed to our Mission, you too can be part of our transformation across the enterprise
Outcomes & Data Analytics Assistant
Hybrid in NYC Only
The Outcomes & Data Analytics Assistant, working under the Senior Director of Outcomes and Data Analytics for the Education Institute (EI), will support the Institute in driving its data and analytics strategy, operational and program performance and research efforts as well as the hospital’s Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA), the NYS Community Service Plan (CSP), and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) efforts.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ongoing data analysis support for HSS Community Health Needs Assessment
- Ongoing support in the development of the HSS’ Community Service Plan
- Support evaluations of programs including survey development and administration and qualitative data collection
- Conduct statistical analysis to assess the impact of community programs
- Review program reports and provide feedback
- Coordinate data requests across EI to understand and address their needs
- Develop new and manage existing dashboards using Tableau
- Support research projects by conducting literature reviews
- Support other EI ad-hoc data requests and projects as needed
- Undergraduate student interested in public health, social sciences, health information systems, or data science
- Minimum of one-year administrative and data entry experience required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, PowerPoint) required
- Advance experience with MS Excel required
- Proficiency with statistical software (i.e., SPSS, SAS) is preferred
- Proficiency with Tableau is preferred
- Proficiency with online survey tools (e.g., Alchemer, Survey Monkey) preferred
- Access to a working computer, internet, and phone required
- Excellent attention to detail, organization skills, written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage competing priorities, work independently and in a team-based environment