Fellow - Ripple & Data
BlueLabs is a leading provider of analytics services and technology dedicated to helping our partners do the most good with their data. Our team of analysts, scientists, engineers, and strategists hail from diverse backgrounds yet share a passion for using data to solve the world’s greatest social and analytical challenges. Since our inception we’ve worked with more than 400 organizations ranging from government agencies, advocacy groups, unions, political campaigns, and international groups. In addition, we service an ever-expanding portfolio of commercial clients in the automotive, travel, CPG, entertainment, healthcare, media, and telecom industries. Along the way, we’ve developed some of the most innovative tools available in analytics, media optimization, reporting, and influencer outreach.
About The Team:
The Ripple & Data fellow will support the development team of our product and Data teams.
Ripple is a business-to-business technology product that helps our clients identify, engage, and measure impact on influencers who matter to their causes or brands. You will join a small and growing team of data, engineering, and product professionals to help us solve some exciting and challenging problems and to deploy the next generation of Ripple.
Our Data Department is all about creating efficiency in the analytical process. The team helps ensure data pipelines are up and running, breaks down data silos to ensure we aren’t duplicating acquisition efforts, and creates documentation to help the Insights team better understand the data they are working with. The Data Department is also the go-to for analyzing the value of new data for acquisition and exploring how to better utilize our internal data.
About The Role:
Fellows will be provided a chance to work directly with data scientists, strategists, analysts, and client leads on meaningful, hands-on work, while being guided and supported by their manager. Fellows will also be expected to complete a capstone project as part of their program with BlueLabs.
The Ripple & Data Fellow will learn about building digital products such as Ripple, scaling teams, and collaborating with different departments to create actionable steps forward. They will gain exposure to all parts of product and project development – from ideation to analysis and implementation. With the Data Department, the fellow will learn about tracking internal and client project lifecycles, improving documentation on our data models and long-term priorities, and assisting in the acquisition and ingestion of new data sets.
The Ripple & Data Fellow reports to the Ripple Product Manager.
The Ripple & Data Fellow will work with BlueLabs for 12 weeks at 40 hours per week, from June 5, 2023 - August 25, 2023.
In this position you will:
- Conduct in-depth product specific research and analysis to improve our Ripple influencer tool and build internal product competency
- Work with Engineering and Data Science team members to translate business requests into actionable technical requirements
- Assist in prioritizing feature development recommendations based on customer and internal end-user feedback
- Assist with routine and new data acquisition and processing tasks
- Help maintain data processes using tools like dbt, airflow, astronomer, others
- Contribute to documentation of our models, data assets, and deliverables
- Monitor the quality of our data and data processing
- Help track progress on deliverables and internal department priorities
What We Are Seeking:
- Genuine passion for working with a progressive social impact organization
- Experience in working with technical and non-technical teams to build and deploy digital products, as well as improve data acquisition and processing
- Experience working with a team to follow project management guidelines (deliverable schedules, meeting cadences, etc.)
- Experience with presentation and spreadsheet software (Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Sheets, Google Slides, etc.)
- Exposure to data process orchestration tools, such as dbt, airflow, others
- Exposure to Github or another version control software
- Experience collaborating to solve a data processing challenge
- Enthusiasm to learn in a hands-on and fast-paced environment
What We Offer
BlueLabs offers a friendly work environment and competitive benefits package including:
- premier health insurance plan
- paid time off
- professional development & learning stipend
- flexible working hours
- remote/telecommuting options
- and more!
BlueLabs is willing to complete paperwork for successful candidates who are students and are interested in earning academic credit for the fellowship experience with us.
The compensation for this role is $25 per hour, at 40 hours per week.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, as a company policy, BlueLabs strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to beginning employment. BlueLabs adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations. Except where prohibited by law, applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment; if not the offer may be rescinded or employment terminated. BlueLabs will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
At BlueLabs, we celebrate, support and thrive on differences. Not only do they benefit our services, products, and community, but most importantly, they are to the benefit of our team. Qualified people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, gender identities, marital status, religions, veterans statuses, disabilities and any other protected classes are strongly encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer, BlueLabs is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. BlueLabs endeavors to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If an applicant believes they require such assistance to complete the application or to participate in an interview, or has any questions or concerns, they should contact the Director, People Operations. BlueLabs participates in E-verify. EEO is the Law (Link to external DOL site)