Web Assistant-External Relations Web Team
At CSIS we actively seek to employ a diverse group of people who embody our organizational values. We welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply, especially those from traditionally underrepresented groups.
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
CSIS seeks an assistant to join the Web team. This position reports to the web director and provides support for CSIS online content, maintenance of the CSIS Web site, and other related functions.
The minimum salary for this position is $55,000.00
Essential duties and responsibilities
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with CSIS programs, projects, and departments to ensure online content is updated in a timely fashion.
- Monitor new and existing online content to ensure it is consistent with CSIS style guidelines.
- Assist with support of CSIS content managers in the website CMS.
Knowledge, education, and experience
- Successful applicants will have a BA degree and a minimum of one year web related experience.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, have the ability to manage competing priorities, and independently fix problems related to website.
- Thorough understanding of the web and standard conventions is important.
- Applicants must possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to operate in a team environment.
- Strong writing and editing skills preferred.
- An interest or background in international relations is preferred.
The following technical skills are required: basic HTML, Photoshop, photo editing for use in web, preparing written documents for use online, and the Windows operating system.
Physical requirements and work conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee working in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit a résumé and cover letter to https://careers.csis.org/opportunities