Data Science Summer Internship 2024 (Requisition #1088)
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory has internship opportunities for college students to spend the summer of 2024 getting great work experience, in great locations, supporting the world's greatest Navy.
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is looking to hire Data Science student for our internship program in 2024! NNL Summer Technical Internships offer you an immersive professional experience in your field of study. You have the opportunity to work directly with world class engineers, scientists, researchers, and technicians who will provide you with real-world experience and mentorship. We work with state-of-the-art techniques researching and developing new technologies and concepts; designing and testing software, components or integrated systems; developing models and performing data analysis; supporting operations and developing process controls and procedures. At NNL you are a part of a team working on deliverables that have a direct impact on the Navy’s nuclear fleet.
Program highlights include:
• Final presentation to management, peers, and other NNL employees
• Meet directly with NNL General Manager and Executive Leadership
• Partnership with a mentor
• Opportunity to tour local NNL site facilities
• Trip to a Naval Shipyard for a guided tour
• Extensive networking opportunities
NNL offers an outstanding Compensation and Benefits package for interns which includes:
• Competitive Salary
• Defined Contribution Retirement Plans:
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
• Flexible work schedules and 9/80 work schedule option (every other Friday off). Hybrid work schedule may be available
• Stipend for qualified applicants (school and home address must be >50 miles from assigned work location)
The NNL Internship is an approximate 10-12 week program starting in May/June 2024.
An internship position may result in a return internship or full-time employment offer upon successful completion of the program.
Required Combination of Knowledge and Skill
Candidates for Data Science internship positions must be:
- Pursuing Data Science, Computer Science, or related engineering or science BS, MS or PhD degrees from an accredited college or university
- Must have completed at least first full year of college by May 2024
- Enrolled/continuing in a degree program throughout this internship
Students must attach most recent unofficial college transcripts and resume to the employment application.
- Cumulative minimum GPA 3.0/4.0
- Prior related internship, co-op or work experience (paid or volunteer)
- Department of Energy (DOE), Department of Defense (DOD) or Naval Nuclear Program experience
- Coursework in machine learning
- Python programming experience