Developmental Contract Specialist
The United States Space Force (USSF) Space Systems Command (SSC) at Kirtland Air Force Base is searching for a Developmental Contract Specialist (GS07T12 or GS09T12).
Space Systems Center at Los Angeles Space Force Base is looking for recent grads or graduating MBAs, JDs and Business undergrads interested in joining the field of Space Acquisitions team, specifically Contracting. This is an entry level position geared toward accelerated advancement and involves comprehensive training and mentorship. Contract Specialist are at the heart of a complex procurement process relying on the sound business acumen and analytical skills to identify and deliver everything from sophisticated aerospace systems like satellites and electronics to commercially available supplies and services necessary for the day-to-day operation of a military installation.
Contract Specialist are the heart of the complex procurement process relying on sound business acumen and analytical skills to identify and deliver everything from sophisticated aerospace systems like satellites, electronics, and high-performance aircraft to commercially available supplies and services necessary for the day-to-day operation of military installation. This position is looking for recent graduates looking to develop and grow within the Space Force and acquisition team.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• US Citizenship
• Possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
• Preferred business undergrad/MBA/JD (i.e., business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods or organization and management) are highly desired
• GPA 2.95 or higher
• Ability to obtain Security Clearance
Key Skills and Abilities:
1.Professional knowledge of commonly used contracting methods and contract types for contract actions that are well-defined and well-precedented.
2.Knowledge of directly applicable Federal contracting laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
3.Knowledge of business practices and market conditions as they relate to program and technical requirements to assist customers in developing requirements and to evaluate proposal responsiveness, contractor responsibility, and contractor performance.
4.Ability to perform basic price/cost analysis sufficient to compare prices on recurring types of procurements.
5.Ability to plan, organize work, and meet deadlines.
6.Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; present factual information; clearly write procurement memoranda; and draft simple contract provisions and supporting documents.
1. The employee must meet the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) requirements applicable to the duties of the position. Meeting these requirements is a condition of employment and necessary to perform the duties of the position.
2. The employee must meet the continuing acquisition education requirements IAW DoDI 5000.66 Paragraph E2.2.8. Meeting these requirements is a condition of employment and necessary to perform the duties of the position.
3. In accordance with 5 CFR 2634 Part I, the employee may be required to file an OGE 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, upon appointment and will be required to file annually.
4. The employee is required to handle and safeguard sensitive and/or classified information in accordance with regulations to reduce potential compromise.
5. The employee must obtain and maintain a Top Secret / SCI eligible security clearance.
6. May be required to travel by military or commercial aircraft in the performance of TDY assignments.
7. Employee may be required to work overtime, if approved in advance from the Career Field Team (CFT) IAW AFI 36-602, Civilian Intern Programs.
8. This position is covered by the Air Force civilian career program.
9. This position is not eligible for telework or remote work.
10. PCS may or may not be paid and Incentives may or may not be paid.