Remote Home Design and Lifestyle News Writer - HouseDigest.com
Home design and lifestyle site House Digest is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our team. Ideal candidates have at least three years of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on architecture, interior design, gardening, housekeeping, and HGTV and similar networks.
Ideal candidates have at least three years of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on home, DIY, and real estate content similar to House Digest. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter; U.S. and international candidates are encouraged to apply.
About House Digest
At House Digest, we work hard to make sure you can live well. We cover home renovation trends, home design trends, and more. Our team of writers and editors have years of experience working in the home and garden media space. Do you need to know the best color to paint your walls, how to find the right plants for you, or need some serious celeb home inspo? House Digest gives you everything you need to make your house into a home.
News Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim news and evergreen article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Pitch relevant and timely news stories related to the site's areas of coverage
- Research and write 300- to 900-word articles in a custom CMS
- Write content on a quick turnaround as applicable
- Contribute to and follow the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy, and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Compensation: $21 per hour
Minimum three years editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A brief letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples relevant to the content shared on House Digest (attach these in a PDF or link to them in your cover letter)
Applications missing any of these elements will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.