Museum Housekeeper (Sarasota, FL) - 54446
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida, and is a department of Florida State University. Want to learn more about The Ringling?
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email email@example.com or call 941-538-2773.
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
- FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement
- FSU Diversity & Inclusion Statement
- FSU Strategic Plan
- Ringling Strategic Plan
- Ringling Equity Statement
Museum Housekeepers play an integral role in guest experience at The Ringling. Primary duties for this role include performing custodial tasks such as floor maintenance, public restrooms cleaning and restocking, mopping, dusting, and more.
- Cleans and sanitizes public and employee restrooms throughout the Sarasota Campus Complex. Washes down restroom walls. Restocks supplies of tissue, towels, and hand soap.
- Vacuums, dusts, polishes, dust-mops, and mops office and public areas. Removes trash from office and public areas. Cleans blinds in offices.
- Strips, mops, spray buffs, and finishes a variety of different floor surfaces through the Sarasota Campus Complex. Performs custodial maintenance projects.
- Cleans areas as designated after special events. Drives custodial golf carts to traverse the 66 acre campus to deliver supplies and carry equipment. Other duties as assigned.
Please note this posting is to fill multiple vacancies.
- Completion of 9th grade education or higher.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Please note, a driver's permit is not acceptable.
- Ability to meet physical requirements as determined by position to include working with chemicals, climbing and descending stairs, standing and walking for extended periods, and as needed moving objects up to 45lbs (water bottles).
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills.
Please note that due to the working hours and need to drive a golf cart, applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-358-2773 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anticipated Salary Range
$15 per hour/40 hours a week. Find out more about our comprehensive benefits package under the "FSU Total Rewards" section.
Museum employees also receive:
- Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
- Private gallery talks with curators
- Discounts on memberships
- Discounts in the museum store
- Discounts on select performances/events
- Free museum admission and much more!
This is an USPS (University Support Personnel System) position.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
Working hours are 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM with a half-hour lunch period. Please note that evenings, weekends, holidays, or events may be required based on the needs of The Ringling.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.