Highway Safety Specialist - New Entrant Program
This position is assigned to a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Service Center. The incumbent initiates civil penalty collection procedures, negotiates settlement of enforcement cases, and prepares and processes non-contested settlement agreements and consent orders on enforcement cases.
As a Highway Safety Specialist (New Entrant-Enforcement Program Specialist), you will:
- Provide coordination, liaison, negotiation, and consultation for the federal civil penalty program, within the geographical area covered by the Service Center. Initiates civil penalty collection procedures and settlement agreements on Notices of Claim.
- Evaluate cases for legal sufficiency and assists in evaluating cases for criminal investigation referral.
- Assist in developing procedures and standards within enforcement-related programs, which facilitates the accomplishment of the program and technical assistance role of the Service Center.
- Participate in an intra-agency task force to furnish expert advice and representation.
- Participate in special activities/efforts with external transportation organizations.
The Ideal Candidate for this position is a mission-focused highway safety professional with knowledge of highway safety programs including road safety.