Information Technology Specialist (Network) (DT) (White Sands Missile Range, NM)
This position is part of the Army Fellows Program and is a CIVILIAN position with the Department of the Army.
The Army Fellows Program use your talent as a federal civilian employee to make a positive difference, to make an impact on the world. The Army Fellows Program is a two-year fellowship as a federal civilian. We hire fellows as permanent, full time employees with full pay and benefits and guarantee placement after the fellowship for those who meet requirements.
We are seeking driven, high-performing teammates, and we will provide opportunities to apply your talent to make a positive difference through meaningful work. You’ll also learn and grow through a structured but flexible two-year developmental program that accounts for your existing knowledge, skills, behaviors, and preferences and for your career field’s professional competencies.
In this role you will:
- Assist in defining and maintaining network architecture and infrastructure.
- Assist in configuring and optimizing network servers, hubs, routers, and switches.
- Assist in monitoring network capacity and performance.
- Assist in diagnosing and resolving network problems.
- Assist in installing, testing, maintaining, and upgrading network operating systems software.
- Ensure the application of information security/ information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of network services.