FCLTGlobal is seeking a driven, high-caliber individual to join the research team as a Research Associate. This is an exciting opportunity to help advance the organization’s research agenda, gain access to real-world corporate and finance decision makers, and produce research products that extend the organization’s reach and help ensure its impact.
The Research Associate will report to a Research Director or Head of Research and work closely with the other members of the team to support the organization’s practical projects and foundational research. Most of the Research Associate’s time will be spent developing and collaborating on foundational research and analysis for high-impact projects including, but not limited to, the following themes:
- Investing in the sustainable transition;
- Multi-stakeholder capitalism in practice;
- Changing short-term behaviors in capital markets.
Project-related work may include research, literature review, data collection and analysis, writing and project management/ administration. The Research Associate will also support collaborations with FCLTGlobal’s Member organizations as well as academics, other think tanks or NGOs, and practitioners. The Research Associate will also perform other tasks to support the Research Team and the organization at large as needed.
The Research Associate will also contribute more broadly to the evolution of FCLTGlobal, including by staying engaged with media coverage and public discussions on topics of long-term and sustainable capitalism and writing relevant content for our website, members and other communications
A TYPICAL DAY AT FCLTGLOBAL
A typical day as a Research Associate at FCLTGlobal may include merging and analyzing data via Excel and R, synthesizing and charting findings into easily understood outputs via PowerPoint, performing in-depth literature reviews building on economic and financial research, contributing to the drafting a whitepaper and action-oriented toolkit that inspires change and implementation among our members, and participating in video calls to collaborate with subject matter experts from FCLTGlobal’s Member organizations.
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
FCLTGlobal combines the energy of a small start-up organization with the reach of a global network of top-tier Members companies and investors. As such, the successful candidate will display independence, creativity, passion, and a proactive spirit. Candidates must demonstrate comfort working independently and with ambiguity in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
Candidates should possess:
- A passion for FCLTGlobal’s mission;
- Undergraduate degree and two to three years work experience or graduate degree.
- Strong research and analysis skills (both quantitative and qualitative) and training in critical thinking as demonstrated by experience reviewing data and academic studies (i.e., projects, papers) and developing cogent analysis;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate findings in a practical and action-ready manner through PowerPoint presentations and memos for senior decision makers in corporate and investment groups;
- Experience analyzing data with Excel and/or R, including, but not limited to cleaning, merging, pulling, and graphing data;
- Familiarity and comfort working with Microsoft Office suite products including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to prepare written and visual outputs;
- An open mind and a keen attention to detail;
- Accountable, with a strong sense of professionalism and integrity, and ability to work well in an open and collaborative environment while staying on schedule;
- A demonstrated interest in capital markets or experience working in financial services, investing, business consulting, or for a publicly-listed company is strongly preferred.
FCLTGlobal’s office is located at 31 St. James Avenue in Boston’s Back Bay. This is a full-time role with flexible hybrid working arrangements (a mix of Boston-based and remote working).
Competitive non-profit compensation packages commensurate with experience are provided, including healthcare and IRA matching contributions.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please email your CV and a cover letter addressed to Allen He at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are strongly encouraged from a diverse set of backgrounds; candidates must have legal work status in the United States.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. We thank everyone for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.