Research Technician (1) - Horticulture (Ozias-Akins)
This role assists researchers and technicians with research on genetics and genomics in cowpea. Specific responsibilities will include tissue culture, genetics, and breeding in cowpea. Observational and computer skills are essential and incumbent should be comfortable working in a lab environment.
This is a limited-term position, will last for approximately 2 years
- Knowledge of HazMat safety procedures.
- Knowledge of working with DNA.
- Lab and research knowledge and skills.
- Availability to work weekends.
- Standing, lifting, bending.
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
- Work outdoors in varying weather for extended periods of time.
- Driving as needed to perform job related duties.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution