Applied Mathematics - Sensor Data Fusion Engineer
Who We Are: AM Pierce & Associates and Applied Technologies Group (ATG), a wholly owned subsidiary of AM Pierce and Associates, is a woman-owned small business providing Engineering & Research, Cyber, C5ISR, Program & Acquisition Management services and solutions to a diverse government and industry client base. We are a stable and growing company who offers our employees a rich benefits package, supportive and flexible work environment, and the opportunity to work with experts in their field.
The Position: We are in search of candidates who have applied mathematics and sensor fusion and related technical skills to support military and homeland security needs. The ideal candidate will join a multidisciplinary group of engineers focused on applying mathematics to a variety of DoD customer problems with a focus on fusing data from airborne sensors. Fusion approaches are inherently multidisciplinary, integrating concepts from Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Physics, Data Science, and other fields. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated the interdisciplinary breadth needed to integrate concepts from other fields to improve mission performance in areas such as command and control, sensing, autonomous vehicles, logistics and sustainment, and Cyber. The applicant will also understand processing data from radar, ESM, infrared, and electro-optical sensors. The candidate will work with leaders and engineers throughout government and industry to develop new applications and products.
The Location: Patuxent River, Maryland: Best Places for Tech Jobs (#4)
For more information about AM Pierce & Associates, please visit our website at www.ampierce.com.
- Sound knowledge of mathematics and computer science
- Background in data science and analytics, perception for intelligent agents.
- Experience programming in some combination of MATLAB, Python, and C/C++
- Experience processing data from sensor platforms
- Good communication and presentation skills
- An exceptional individual interested in working collaboratively on challenging problems of importance to our nation's defense
The successful candidate will have the minimum education and experience below:
- Ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Electronics/Electrical Engineering, Physics, or similar field.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience in analyzing airborne sensors data, such as radar, ESM, electro-optical, infrared, etc. Prior experience with Verification and Validation is a bonus.
- Able to develop custom scripts using Python, R, or MATLAB.
- Strong critical thinking and an ability to solve problems independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Capable of providing valuable input at high level program reviews, design reviews, and technical interchange meetings with senior program counterparts.
- An Active DoD active Secret clearance is required
- M.S. or PhD in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other quantitative focused degree
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with real-time and/or high-performance computing environments, including use of GPUs, distributed computing, and cloud-based development
- Experience in radar or sonar technologies, command and control systems, Cyber defense, or DoD mission areas.
- Top Secret clearance eligible
The Working Environment: The physical environment requires the employee to work on-site at the government program office, sitting in a cubicle or at a desk, looking at a computer for most of the workday. The employee may be required to walk short distances to offices/conference rooms and buildings on site. On some occasions, the employee may be required to drive to offices or buildings near the work site. In rare occasions, travel may be required.
AM Pierce & Associates/ Applied Technologies Group offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Disability Coverage
- Traditional 401(k) and ROTH 401k Retirement Plans
- Discretionary Profit-Sharing Program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Incentive Programs
- Awards and Recognition
- Employee Assistance Program
- Will Preparation, Identity Theft Protection & Legal Support
- Oral Health Rewards Program
- Referral Program
- Voluntary Accident
- Voluntary Critical Illness
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Norton Life Lock
- Financial Foundations Program
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- HSA and FSA
AM Pierce & Associates/Applied Technologies Group complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations concerning Affirmative action and workplace equal opportunity; in further detail, AM Pierce & Associates does not discriminate in employment decisions (to include applicants and employees) on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. AM Pierce & Associates takes affirmative action to ensure that equal opportunity is provided in all aspects of employment. AM Pierce & Associates does not take adverse employment actions against applicants and employees for asking about, discussing, or sharing information about their pay or the pay of their co-workers. For more information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, click here.
If your background meets the qualifications of the position, please submit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may call 240-718-3800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
AM Pierce & Associates verifies employment eligibility through E-Verify. Check out our E-Verify Right to Work Brochure.
This is a non-management position This is a full-time position
If interested, please apply on our website at www.ampierce.com
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.