Office & Accounts Coordinator
The Office & Accounts Coordinator will be responsible for office and accounts workflow procedures.
You are the key person in managing office operations, record-keeping and filing systems. Responsible for scheduling agendas and appointments, arranging travel, managing phone systems and daily correspondence. You will deliver general business operations inclusive of accounting, vendor relations, tax payments and/or similar activities.
This position requires onsite availability, Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support the overall management of the office and leadership needs.
- Oversee upkeep of office space managing cleaning crew, HVAC maintenance, etc.
- Maintain appearance of showroom, conference rooms and video conference facilitation.
- Sort mail and distribute packages to appropriate team members.
- Own and manage the corporate telephone switchboard, phone sheet, and e-fax account.
- Liaise with building management regarding badges, guest passes, building systems, vendor forms, and COIs.
- Maintain pantry, freight and storage rooms appearance (neat, clean, and organized).
- Complete administrative tasks including ordering office supplies, ordering furniture, fixtures, office equipment and maintaining office equipment logs.
- Manage database and efficient operation of all office equipment, iPads, key cards and schedule necessary maintenance as needed with Human Resources & IT.
- Support Human Resources with Internship Program and all New Hire processes and procedures.
- Assist with executive management travel arrangements, expense portfolio, schedule meetings and appointments.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Accounts Receivable Administration
- Collect payments for all domestic and international accounts on pre-payment house terms (Credit Card | ACH | Wire | Check)
- Call + follow-up with customers for payment approval and execute credit card charges, refunds, deposits and receipts.
- Partner with Sales Team to make sure customer feedback is communicated and orders are moving forward seamlessly.
- Charge approved payment types via Merchant Services Application.
- Liaise with back office to procure invoice information and ensure that payments are applied to open invoices.
- Review and approve all new account forms for domestic and international by completing credit checks.
- Archive new account forms, resale certificates and Credit Card information diligently.
- Update Credit Card Folder with changes and new credit information received from customers
- Enter all payments – Credit Card, Check & wire activities into daily AR Log.
- Coordinate with Distribution Center and off shore order processing team with regard to any changes in PO’s and delivery expectations/ delays in meeting SLA.
- Maintain monthly reporting for all merchant accounts.
- Other finance/accounting duties as assigned.
Accounts Payable Administration
- Maintain the Accounts Payable Log and accounting software’s.
- Make all bill payments via credit cards and checks as per approval sheet.
- Run American Express Corporate Credit Card Program, including monitoring of expenses, reconciliation, adding and removing employees from the program.
- Responsible for all spend reports and analysis (ROI) on a monthly basis.
- Troubleshoot shipping, logistics issues and supply chain spend to improve efficiencies and ROI.
- Maintain Petty Cash log and reconcile with Senior Management on a monthly basis.
- Closely monitor and audit all employee travel, allowances, and reimbursements.
- Maintain bank statements, books, physical records, and digital records for all in-house and affiliate brands.
- Manage and coordinate all COI requests with agents.
- Digitally archive and file all invoices, corporate leases, insurances, sales tax documents, contracts and regulatory documents.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Must be based in New York.
- 1-2 years in a customer service, administrative assistant or office admin role preferred
- 1-2 years in a finance-based role and/or knowledge of accounting and finance
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Full-Time, Entry level, onsite position.