The Health Educator will be responsible for providing and supporting patient education on disease prevention and self-management, health promotion and wellness. This role will be critical in the successful implementation of health education programs, and collaboration with the care team and community partners to improve health outcomes and quality. The Health Educator will participate in all aspects of the program including program development, implementation, patient outreach and engagement, and evaluation.
This is a temporary, grant-funded position
- Minimum Bachelor Degree, or equivalent experience, in Health Education, Public Health, Behavioral Science or related field.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience working in a health-related field, preferably in a culturally and linguistically diverse community.
- Bilingual Spanish and English required. Excellent communication and/or counseling skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Excel and MS Word. Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) or other health education training, preferred but not required.
- Travel to different sites within East Boston area may be required.
- May need to work occasional evenings or weekends based on program activities.