Great opportunity to apply cutting-edge analysis techniques to fight against a significant global health threat. This summer practicum opportunity has the potential to become a full-time position.
We are seeking a skilled statistics/computer science analyst to join our public health data team. The successful candidate will be responsible for using statistical methods and data analysis techniques to provide insights into public health trends, as well as developing and implementing computer programs to support public health research and analysis.
- Conduct statistical analysis of public health data to identify trends, patterns and insights.
- Develop and implement computer programs and applications to support public health research and analysis.
- Create data visualizations and dashboards to communicate public health trends and analysis to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other public health professionals to design and implement studies and research projects.
- Prepare reports and presentations to communicate findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest statistical techniques and tools, as well as computer science technologies and programming languages.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in statistics, computer science, mathematics, physics or a related field.
- Experience in statistical analysis, data mining, and data visualization. Sample size calculation (preferred).
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R, and SQL.
- Knowledge of public health data sources and datasets, and experience working with large and complex datasets.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced statistics/computer science analyst to apply their skills to improve public health outcomes. If you are passionate about using data to drive insights and impact in public health, we encourage you to apply.