Summer Program Staff
Are you looking for a fun and rewarding summer activity? Do you love camping as much as we do? Camp Easterseals is located in the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of New Castle, Virginia, and is seeking Program Specialists to plan, adapt, and implement fun program activities within the abilities of the participants to join us for a summer of fun, adventures, and camping.
What You’ll Do
Program specialists creatively adapt activities such as arts and crafts, nature exploration, sports activities, and games for individuals with varying physical and developmental needs. They provide supervision of the program area during activities and ensure all participants and staff are following safety protocols, clean and maintain the program area, complete an inventory of program area at beginning and end of camp, assist with cabin and camp clean-ups and with rest time and night duties as assigned, and attend all program and staff meetings.
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll earn a competitive salary in addition to other benefits for Camp staff:
Camp benefits include:
- Room and board (all meals and smores are included!!)
- Competitive pay $; biweekly salary
- plus, a bonus for returning each season
- plus, one if you refer your friends, too!
- Experience caring for individuals with disabilities
- Personal growth and meaningful work
- A beautiful, tranquil work environment with wooded areas to explore in your down-time
- Climate controlled cabins!
- Camp activity areas including swimming pools, creek, recreation hall, dining hall, and many other outdoor areas to explore!
What We’re Looking For
To join our team, you must be able to plan, adapt, and implement fun program activities within the abilities of the participants allowing everyone to participate with the opportunity for success, rate activities for future use, able to commit to a minimum of 12 consecutive days, and have a passion for helping others with a positive attitude. We also require the following:
- You must be at least 18 or older
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Be able to bend and lift 30 pounds and possess the physical ability to perform the position duties
If you are kind, have a great attitude, a sense of humor, and are seeking a rewarding summer opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the lives of the people you will help to enjoy camp, please apply now at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com OR by sending your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Camp Easterseals: For 64 years, Camp Easterseals has provided quality recreational and therapeutic camp programming in the beautiful countryside of New Castle, Virginia. Children and adults with disabilities are able to experience all the outdoors has to offer including horseback riding, canoeing, swimming, arts and crafts, ziplining and campfires thanks to an amazing group of dedicated team members just like you.