Community Impact Analyst Internship (Summer 2023 - Remote)
You could be the one who changes everything for our 26 million members as an Intern at Centene. During this 12-week program, you'll learn more about Centene and how we're transforming the health of the community, one person at a time.
- Learn various job functions within the Managed Care industry and explore various career opportunities
- Apply academic knowledge and learn new skills by contributing to various projects
- Communicate project status and results to staff mentors and management
- Research various legal, regulatory, and other topics within functional area and industry
- Attend training and development presentations to enhance professional competencies
This role will allow you to work remotely for Summer 2023 in the US.
This individual would focus on the 2022 social impact data we collected from our health plans and select business units. Transition into a more permanent role would include building out Centene’s broader social impact story by supporting the ongoing data needs related to enterprise surveys, benchmarking and storytelling. They'll be a connection point to multiple business areas including Proposal Solutions, ESHG, SDOH, The Centene Charitable Foundation, Public Affairs and DEI.
- Strong Excel skills including significant experience with functions such as VLOOKUP, conditional logic, PivotTables and a variety of calculations
- Advanced critical-thinking skills exhibited by the ability to take information from a variety of sources and synthesize/analyze the information in the context of a specific project
- Proven experience in leveraging data as a strategic enterprise asset to enable data-based decisions
- Ability to design and produce data visualizations including maps, charts, and graphs that are easily consumed, aesthetically appealing, and visually impactful
- Communications knowledge that supports contributing to the development of reports, publications, and proposals
- Interest in, knowledge of, experience with, and willingness to learn about nonprofits, social impact and health-related issues facing low-income communities
- Research or graphic design skills are a plus!
High school diploma or equivalent. Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited university or college, preferably in a field related to the hiring department through the internship period.