Health Educator (Russian Speaking)
Program Description: The Department of Liver (Medicine) and the Tisch Cancer Institute (TCI) at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai seeks a health educator (HE) interested in community engagement, health disparities, health education and health research. Our program is focused on community outreach, research study involvement, and data management. Unique to this program is the emphasis on delivering culturally and linguistically targeted health education to the community identified, based on our understanding of disparities in cancer incidence and mortality. The selected candidate will sit on a team of Health Educators, providing education to their community, and working to achieve the larger efforts and aims of the TCI Community Outreach and Engagement (COE) group. Our work seeks to increase both awareness and screening behaviors among patients as well as community members (see our website noted below for details).
Position Description: As an integral part of our research and outreach projects, we are seeking a /health educator/ specific to the Russian Community. Knowledge of, or the interest in learning about, community-based participatory research, community engagement, program development, health systems, public health issues, health education planning and education evaluation is important. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) working with various components of community outreach and engagement, developing and organizing health education workshops, and navigating community members to health care. In addition to this, knowledge of creating and navigating social media platforms would be favored. Some weekend and evening hours are be required.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in ethnic studies, psychology, sociology, related health and social service disciplines and/or equivalent work experience
· Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills including a great sense of humor
· Have the ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
· Be highly energetic and flexible
· Able to work as an integral team member
· Able to work evenings and weekends if necessary
· Knowledge of social media platforms
Proficient to Native Russian-speaking, comprehension, and writing levels
To Apply: Please submit letter of interest and CV to Lina Jandorf: Lina.Jandorf@mssm.edu. No phone calls please.
Lina Jandorf, MA
Icahn School of Mount Sinai School of Medicine
One Gustave L. Levy Place, Box 1077
New York, NY 10029