US Analyst - Structured Finance - Americas Agency and Middle Office
About Credit Agricole
Credit Agricole CIB, the Corporate & Investment Banking Arm of the Credit Agricole group, specialises in the businesses of capital markets and investment and corporate banking.
Credit Agricole CIB in 1 Click
Credit Agricole CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Credit Agricole Group, the 10th largest banking group worldwide in terms of balance sheet size (The Banker, 2022). The Bank offers its clients a broad range of products and services in capital markets, investment banking, structured finance and corporate banking.
The CIB Arm of the Group
As the No. 1 retail bank in France, Credit Agricole is the leading financial partner of the French economy and one of the largest retail banks in Europe. Its ambition: to create a world-class European leader in banking and insurance, in accordance with the principles of the United Nations Global Compact.
US Analyst Program Summary
This US Analyst position provides support to the junior and senior bankers in the group. This position will offer exposure to a high-profile department within Credit Agricole CIB.
The U.S. Analyst program offers an opportunity for recent college graduates interested in finance and investment banking to actively participate in this fast-paced and challenging industry. We provide our U.S. Analysts with the tools necessary for professional growth and career advancement.
The U.S. Analyst position will be available for a maximum of 2 years. The goal of the U.S. Analyst program is to develop the ideal candidate into a full-time position at the end of the two years.
Summary of the Group and Role
Perform the duties of CACIB as a participant (sometimes Agent) in Structured Finance transactions and perform additional internal tasks to monitor our portfolio.
Perform “CACIB as Agent” role for a portfolio of Structured Finance Agency roles:
-Assist on closings / CPs monitoring
- Coordinate fundings with multiple institutions
- Track and evaluate borrower deliverables (covenants, insurance, etc.)
- Monitor securities, guarantees and collateral
- Evaluate CP’s for construction draws, lease payments, borrower distributions, etc.
- Participate in bank meetings / conference calls
- Direct independent engineers, lender counsels and other experts
- Negotiate routine waivers and amendments with borrowers
- Facilitate waiver and amendment requests with bank groups, including collecting and processing of participant lender approvals
- Review and distribute borrower periodic financials
- Respond to participants questions (for Agent deals)
- Interface transversally (front office, back-office, L/C dept., etc.) for all Agency aspects
-Manage a portfolio of participant transactions;
-Implement and maintain Basel II data with counterparts in Paris;
-Maintain up to date data in proprietary software, control and monitor portfolio;
-Liaise with AMO heads and Data Monitoring team in Paris to maintain data integrity through controls and reconciliations;
-Portfolio coverage throughout the Americas;
-Coordinating assignment processes;
-Manage and maintain a spreadsheet-based tracking database of analyst deal responsibility
-Coordinate and participate in internal projects;
-Participate in updating procedures;
Other activities include SMAC maintenance, anomaly maintenance, LGD trouble shooting and special projects, as needed. Duties encompass a high workload, time sensitive orientation.
- BA/BS degree, including accounting / finance / economics coursework
- You will not require Visa Sponsorship for employment in the US now or in the future (OPT, F-1 Visa, etc.)
- Good rigor, analytic skills
- Capacity to work autonomously and to organize work (ability to define priorities and achieve results in predefined timeline)
- Listening and communication (oral and written) skills
- Capacity to build good relationships with staff, clients, banks, consultants, etc.