Summer Internship for Field Development at Autism Speaks, National Capital Area (remote)
Our Mid-Atlantic team is looking for a remote Summer Intern in the DC area! We will provide a hands-on opportunity to a student located in the Washington, DC areas, interested in exploring a career in nonprofits. Individual will learn about fundraising development, participant outreach, event development and logistics, and corporate communication, working closely with the Autism Speaks National Capital Area field development team. This is a 10–12-week program and students must be eligible for academic credit. Currently, our interns will work remotely but, will be in constant communication with the Field team and volunteers.
The intern will receive training in all areas and responsibilities will include:
• Providing support to the National Capital Area’s two major fundraising walks, the 5K, and community outreach programs including town halls and safety fairs
• Recruiting past walk participants via phone and email
• Drafting and distributing media releases
• Updating chapter records and spreadsheets
• Assisting with donor letters
• Providing customer service to event participants
• Researching prospects for sponsorship and teams
Student interns must receive academic credit (i.e. graduate or under-graduate) sponsored by an accredited institution or require experience for a certification for a college degree.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Strong organizational skills, follow-up and attention to detail
• Curious and inquisitive, with a willingness to learn about fundraising, event management and donor outreach
• Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a team
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Strong interpersonal skills/customer service skills
• Proficient in MS office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills
• Building Collaborative Relationships
• Professional Behavior
• Customer Orientation
You are responsible for protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all Autism Speaks data and information to which you have access.
Autism Speaks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural, and inclus ive workplace. We recruit, evaluate, employ, and promote candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender identity or expression, protected veteran or military status, disability or other legally protected status. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply for job openings. Reasonable accommodations will be provided. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.