Sign-on and retention bonus offered!!
Would you like to have meaningful work with an employer that values work-life balance, and colleagues that are all-in, big hearted and solution focused? If so, then SFBFS might be the employer for you!
Applicants must e-mail resume, cover letter, SFBFS employment application (found at https://www.sacramentofoodbank.org/) for consideration.
No phone calls please.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) welcomes people of all backgrounds and circumstances, providing a judgement-free zone for individuals and families throughout Sacramento County. A staff of more than 80 and several thousand volunteers take our mission of fighting food insecurity one step further by offering education and support for families wanting to shape their best tomorrow. More information is available at www.sacramentofoodbank.org
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1976, offers fifteen diverse programs and services at two facilities in Sacramento. A staff of 83 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting families in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
The Development Coordinator works directly with the Director of Development to support fundraising/development efforts at SFBFS. The Development Coordinator performs duties which include answering calls and emails from existing donors, assisting the Director of Development in the coordination of soliciting new supporters, and supporting implementation of fundraising activities for the organization. This position also manages third party fundraisers to benefit SFBFS.
The Development Coordinator will perform the following (including but not limited to):
· Assists with execution/delivery of fundraising events, development tours, donor cultivation activities, check presentations, and other development functions.
· Assists with the annual Run to Feed the Hungry fundraising plan, and engages with Accounting department for sponsorship invoices and accounts receivable
· Creates sponsorship presentations for various fundraising activities.
· Provides development related content to Communications department for newsletters, website and social media channels.
· Supports and helps to maintain relationships with donors.
· Research prospects for corporate, foundation and employee giving.
· Provides content for donor communications including, thank you letters, donor spotlights, and social media posts.
· Coordinates fundraising and stewardship events including planning, invites, logistics, execution as needed
· Other duties as assigned
· High School diploma or equivalent experience
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel
- 2+ years fund development or sales experience
- Content management experience
- Strong commitment to donor-focused fundraising activities
· Prior experience working in a Development department for another non-profit organization - preferred
- Valid California Driver’s License and auto insurance - required
· Full Time, non-exempt position (Monday through Friday); may include some nights, weekends and holidays as required
· Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/AD&D/LTD/ retirement and more
· Salary: $18.00 - $20.50 per hour