2024 - Summer Analyst Internship - Finance
Finance department serves as a key partner to the executive management and the business, ensuring compliance with local and international finance and tax regulations, and helping its clients to monitor and steer financial performance of the US franchise. It is broken down into several sub-divisions with bespoke responsibilities:
- The Financial Synthesis team supports the US branches and the Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) in meeting their respective financial and regulatory reporting requirements in the US. Following are the key objectives:
- Provides accounting policy support to business sponsors, regulatory reporting, other finance and tax teams and external auditors
- Controllers for US CIB entities (exc. BNPP Sec Corp) & IHC: Prepares monthly financial reports, quarterly financial statements, and annual audited statements. Produces RWA/ Basel III reporting.
- Prepares annual audited statements and supports related audits.
- Produces & files regulatory reports for the US Branches and the IHC; supports related exams.
- Finance COO Team leads and supports Finance & Tax Americas in the transformation of data, processes, systems and operating models to support the evolving environment.
- Strategic Financial Management the main entry point for US Business Lines and Functions for all Finance-related issues. The team has a deep knowledge of the Businesses and Functions operations, as well as Finance requirements
The Financial Controls Group:
- Develops and implement a strong accounting control framework for North America CIB entities, and the IHC entities
- Performs 2nd level control over controls run by other Finance and some non-Finance teams
- Coordinates for US Regulations internal control for IHC Financial Reporting (ICFR), for IHC CCAR, for IHC/CUSO regulatory reporting and for US Regulated Broker Dealers (17a5)
- The Tax Department is responsible for managing the S. tax position and tax structure for the BNP Paribas Group to ensure compliance with local tax rules and regulations, while fostering innovative products and initiatives for the Bank in close coordination with the various business lines and functions.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Our internship programs are a springboard for college students to launch their careers through exciting and intellectually stimulating opportunities.
They are highly driven, intellectually stimulating, and crafted to build your real-world capabilities. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with a strong academic story, sharp analytical skills, and the ability to articulate ideas well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2024 – Spring 2025
- All majors accepted
- Good understanding of accounting concepts
- Fast learner
- Results oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passion for technology and user experience is a plus!
WHAT DOES A SUMMER 2024 INTERNSHIP WITH BNP PARIBAS LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The internship program is our primary source for hiring early talent into the Bank, providing you with the network and resources you need to build a successful career.
Over 10 weeks, you will acquire in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and gain valuable and practical experience. Whichever area you are placed in, you will join a team of award-winning specialists in a dynamic, collaborative environment. Through the program, interns have a distinct opportunity to gain guidance from mentors and exposure to senior leaders within the Bank.
As an Intern, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will set you up to succeed, and allow you to network with your intern class across all business divisions
- Complete technical projects and collaborate with colleagues across the Bank, gaining exposure to real work in order to identify your skills and explore where your interests align
- Participate in weekly senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets and the industry
- Network with colleagues and learn about industry topics through workshops and speaker series, as well as through philanthropy and social events
Anticipated Program Dates: June 3, 2024 - August 9, 2024
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
The bank employs nearly 6,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose - to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World - https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
The annualized base salary for this position in Jersey City, NJ is $75,000.
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.