Temporary Program Associate, Leadership Practice (NEW)
Who We Are
IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
The temporary Program Associate will be a critical and valued member of the student Leadership Programs (Global UGRAD- Pakistan and Thomas Jefferson Scholarship program) providing backstopping support to a variety of program activities including but not limited to participant/alumni monitoring and support; compliance; finance support; partner engagement; research, internal and external report preparation; monitoring, evaluation, and learning; and alumni network development and engagement. The temporary Program Associate will carry out additional duties and tasks to meet the needs of the organization, team, or as assigned by supervisor.
This is a 6 month temporary position.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1+ years of work experience; work experience may include internships or part-time job or combination of both.
- Interest or experience in leadership development.
- Interest or experience in international exchange or professional development programming.
- Work, volunteer or internship experience with community-based organizations either in the U.S. or abroad preferred.
- Experience working with diverse groups and teams toward a shared goal.
- Knowledge of and/or interest in Pakistan and/or South Asia preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and networking ability.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills; proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce preferred.
- Strong facilitation skills (in person and virtually).
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines.
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Your Daily Tasks
- Assist in monitoring participants for successful program completion, including review of participant reports and maintenance of participant files in databases; financial tracking and coordinating payments; and fielding participant inquiries.
- Support network development through and serve as an active connector for the program’s network of participants and alumni.
- Support implementation of online learning curriculum on the programs learning and leadership curricula
- Assist in the management, and facilitation of program trainings and workshops.
- With supervision, assist with program reports.
- Compile and track a wide range of participant information and project data, maintaining accuracy and completeness.
- Support participant recruitment and placement efforts including review of applications.
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation activities including data management and analysis if assigned.
- Support participants through the pre-arrival administrative process.
- Support program internal and external communication; tasks may include, the management of email inboxes and program contact information, draft written communications, contribute to program communication tools (newsletters) and social media efforts.
- Accurately perform financial administration tasks (check requests, process payments to participants and vendors, etc). Develop a sound understanding of the purpose and reason for each required task consistent with policies.
- With supervision, draft correspondence with stakeholders. Guidance and/or approval before engaging stakeholders may be required.
- Represent the program to external partners during phone calls and in-person meetings and events.
- Advise program participants and liaise with host organization representatives and volunteers.
- Contribute to the program’s communications efforts, including social media, success stories, and program reports.
- Contribute to program renewals and competes as requested.
- Assist with financial tracking, procurement, payment processing, and credit card reconciliation.
- Contribute to a positive team working environment.
- Other support duties as needed.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is eligible for Telework. The eligible employee is a regular, full-time DC-based staff who works from a worksite outside the DC office for one or more days a week.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)