US Analyst - Corporate and Leveraged Finance Americas
About Credit Agricole
Credit Agricole CIB, the Corporate & Investment Banking Arm of the Credit Agricole group, specialises in the businesses of capital markets and investment and corporate banking.
Credit Agricole CIB in 1 Click
Credit Agricole CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Credit Agricole Group, the 10th largest banking group worldwide in terms of balance sheet size (The Banker, 2022). The Bank offers its clients a broad range of products and services in capital markets, investment banking, structured finance and corporate banking.
The CIB Arm of the Group
As the No. 1 retail bank in France, Credit Agricole is the leading financial partner of the French economy and one of the largest retail banks in Europe. Its ambition: to create a world-class European leader in banking and insurance, in accordance with the principles of the United Nations Global Compact.
US Analyst Program Summary
This US Analyst position provides support to the junior and senior bankers in the group. This position will offer exposure to a high-profile department within Credit Agricole CIB.
The U.S. Analyst program offers an opportunity for recent college graduates interested in finance and investment banking to actively participate in this fast-paced and challenging industry. We provide our U.S. Analysts with the tools necessary for professional growth and career advancement.
The U.S. Analyst position will be available for a maximum of 2 years. The goal of the U.S. Analyst program is to develop the ideal candidate into a full-time position at the end of the two years.
Corporate and Leveraged Finance Americas
Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank (“CACIB”) is the corporate and investment banking arm of the Crédit Agricole Group. Based in New York, CACIB’s Corporate and Leveraged Finance Group (“CLF”) includes Corporate Origination Americas that originates, structures, and distributes syndicated loans and bilateral facilities for the Americas as well as The Leveraged, Acquisition and Telecom Finance Group (“LATFG”) originates leveraged finance solutions for financial sponsors and corporates through leveraged loans and high yield bonds.. Furthermore, the Group acts as a primary underwriter and is active in the secondary markets to provide liquidity to investors.
CLF is seeking a recent graduate that has experience in the Financial Industry. CLF provides a full array of financing solutions for corporate clients and financial sponsors. The team originates, structures and distributes investment grade and leveraged debt financings, including investment grade and leveraged loans, high yield bonds, and bridge financings across general corporate and various structured finance sectors. This person will provide support to both junior and senior bankers, assist in financial modeling and credit analysis, analyze corporate credit ratings, conduct market research, and provide general support across various projects. The role offers an opportunity to assist in all aspects of deal execution and become an integral part of Credit Agricole’s CLF franchise. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong work ethic and initiative, excellent analytical and communication skills, superior organizational ability, and the capacity to work under pressure. An understanding of banking and capital markets would be preferred. The position offers exposure across various groups/platforms across the bank and the opportunity to see syndicated loan, Term Loan B and HY bond transactions executed from beginning to end.
Assist Corporate Origination and LATFG team members and management in the day-to-day tasks and responsibilities of the department, with a focus on Loan and Bond Origination. Prepare presentation materials including marketing information and internal reporting documents as well as the maintenance and updating of various data bases utilizing financial analysis skills.
- Assist in preparation of presentation materials including pitch books, information memorandum and institutional investor / lender’s presentation materials
- Prepare financial analysis on companies including ratio analysis, comparables and financial models with projections
- Assist in the preparation of transaction memorandums, credit analysis, and corporate credit ratings analysis
- Craft clear and succinct written analysis of market trends and commentary
- Maintenance of databases and market comparables
- Review of legal documentation and preparation of Closing Memos
- Work with other team members, credit, legal, relationship managers, operations and senior management to ensure the timely and accurate information gathering and analysis
- Assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly new market updates
- Recent college graduate with 0-1 years of experience in Finance or related field
- You will not require Visa Sponsorship for employment in the US now or in the future (OPT, F-1 Visa, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong computer skills including use of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Bloomberg
- Familiarity with banking and capital markets a plus
- Some accounting/finance/economics coursework