Camp Specialist - Ropes Course Facilitator
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro South is hiring for Camp Riverside -Summer Camp 2023 season!
We are looking for Camp Specialists to oversee and implement programming for our Ropes Course.
The Camp Specialist will be responsible for providing campers with a high quality and safe experience within the different specialty areas.
WE would love to have you join our team and serve our kids!
· Design daily activities for campers based on the interest of campers
· Write lesson plans that will engage campers, foster, and enhance their skill development.
· Demonstrate appropriate use of equipment, proper techniques in activity participation, and articulate expected learning and achievement for satisfactory completion of activities.
· Provide supervision of campers participating in scheduled camp events.
· Resolve issues of interpersonal, behavioral, and administrative nature; administer disciplinary action in accordance with camp standards.
· Provide feedback to campers and camp leadership regarding camper progress and concerns; identify and communicate areas for improvement.
· Contribute ideas and suggestions to camp management in areas of program participation growth, camper satisfaction, and retention of campers.
Health & Safety
· Monitor participation to ensure safety rules and requirements are followed.
· Maintain awareness of potential health and safety issues, identify hazards, and take appropriate action to resolve.
· Assume other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Minimum 2 years of High School required; High School graduate or minimum one year of college preferred.
- Experience working with children in day camp setting.
- Experienced and skilled in one or more camp program activities
- Ability to interact effectively with children and parents on a range of issues.
- Training and experience in job related course.
- Certified, or ability to be certified, within first 30 days of hire in CPR, First Aid, AED, Child Abuse Prevention.
How to Apply:
Please direct resume to:
Lauren Utschig, Executive Director Camp Riverside firstname.lastname@example.org
$17.00 - $18.00
DISCLAIMER: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. All offers are contingent upon passing a thorough background check including a CORI, SORI and National Criminal History Background check. The Boys and Girls Clubs of Metro South is an Equal Opportunity Employer.