Youth Engagement Specialist- Workforce Readiness
Job Title: Youth Engagement Specialist
Reports to: Workforce Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Role Description: Serves as the assistant to the Workforce Coordinator providing support in program compliance, youth development, job skills building, maintenance of on-site school partnerships, and establishing systems to create positive workplace experiences for school-aged youth. Must be interested in working in a public school setting in either the South Bronx or Long Island City, Queens. This candidate is required to succeed within the parameters of a school-based workforce model that is designed to strengthen connections between academic learning and career exploration. The candidate will engage the talents and interests of youth, develop their skills and competencies, provide positive adult role models, and give young people work opportunities.
- Assist Workforce Coordinator in maintaining all DYCD contractual obligations of the annual workforce programs and ensure that targets are being met on a weekly and monthly basis
- Collaborate to recruit and retain students for the program; Coordinate registration and enrollment of program participants.
- Assist in conducting internal preparation program audits
- Help lead program orientation and training programs.
- Scout and recruit partner sites to serve as hosts for internship and job placements for older high school youth.
- Write and facilitate the implementation of curriculum for workforce service-learning program for younger high school youth.
- Help maintain database/inventory of employment, training, and internship opportunities.
- Plan and chaperon group field trips
- Other responsibilities as required by Site Leaders
- Communication across diverse platforms, writing skills, curriculum development
- Organize documentation, record-keeping, maintaining database system, etc.,
- Demonstrate competence using Excel, google sheets, etc.,
- Ability to navigate social media including Tik Tok, Instagram,
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Computer literate, and proficient with all Microsoft Office software packages; Google Drive (Gmail, calendar, contacts, docs, etc.); local area networks; and efficient use of the Internet
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social work, non-profit management, or other relevant subject matter.
- 3 years of youth engagement experience with high school-aged population
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Practice cultural competency through familiarity in working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with academic and workshop development.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This full-time exempt position has an annual salary of $40,000 to 45,000. GK also offers affordable medical benefits (with plans as low as $1/month), dental, and life insurance as well as paid holidays, 12 vacation days (year 1), increasing thereafter based on years of employment, 3 personal days, and 8 sick days. Additionally, the GK offices are closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day. GK staff also have access to retail discounts and other benefits through our Professional Employer Organization (PEO).
Global Kids, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity and do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based on race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, citizenship, mental or physical handicap or disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We continue to support and promote equal employment opportunity, human dignity, and racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity.