K-8th Grade Physical Education Coach (23-24)
K-8 Grade Physical Education Coach, Alpha Instructional Team
Who we are:
Alpha Public Schools is a public charter school network of four schools educating approximately 1,900 scholars in east San Jose. Guided by the belief that our students belong in college, we ensure safe, inclusive, and student-centered learning environments to help our students thrive. What sets us apart is the very thing that makes us who we are– our community. Alpha was founded by a group of mothers on the eastside of San Jose who sought better educational opportunities for their students. We maintain a strong connection to our community and engage families in a collaborative approach to offer a holistic education to our students.
A successful Alpha Teacher:
The successful Alpha teacher believes that ALL students are capable of success. They uphold high expectations for students and they utilize student data to drive their instruction, ensuring that our scholars are achieving growth. The successful Alpha teacher is excited to receive coaching and feedback, understanding that their growth as an educator is an ever-evolving process. We seek educators who are committed to amplifying and celebrating the diverse experiences and cultures of our scholars and their families; educators who are excited to be a member of a vibrant school community; and, educators who provide access to instruction for all students by responding to socio-emotional needs, supporting literacy development across all classes and content areas, using culturally responsive instructional strategies, and accommodating individual learning differences.
Alpha teachers are expected to:
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, and individual, dual, or team sports
- Develop lesson plans and supplementary materials to teach standards-based curriculum
- Operate a classroom that includes sound classroom management practices and engaging lessons and that produces strong academic results.
- Maintain open lines of communication with staff, families, and the greater Alpha community
- Participate in regular and on-going professional development, observations, and feedback sessions
What we offer:
At Alpha we care deeply about our scholars and staff. To support our team (and hopefully you!) we offer:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and credential status (as well as compounding retention incentives for returning Alpha teachers)
- See our 2022-23 Teacher Salary Scale Summary Sheet
- Health benefits plans for medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage for staff and their families
- Retirement matching options
- Paid time off for holidays and breaks (6 weeks throughout the school year in addition to 6 weeks during the summer)
- Generous paternity/maternity leave benefits including 4 weeks of paid parental leave in addition to the state and federal leave allowances
- Paid tuition for Induction and reimbursement for passing scores on credential required exams
- Employee Assistance Program that provides access to professional services for workplace, life, and wellbeing support and services
- Relocation assistance for teammates moving from 250+ miles away
- Signing bonus for our hard-to-fill roles (math, science, special education)
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A valid (or eligible for) California teaching credential- Single Subject: Physical Education
- Subject matter knowledge and strong classroom management skills (or willingness to learn)
- A commitment to working with students in traditionally underserved communities. Approximately 80% of Alpha’s students are from under-resourced communities and will be the first in their families to go to college. The majority of our students are Latinx and/or Vietnamese.
Join our team…
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter online.
Alpha Public Schools is a network of four high-performing public charter schools founded by a group of East San José mothers dedicated to helping transform their community. We have a strong growth mindset – as individuals, as an organization, and on behalf of our students and families. We want to be better tomorrow than we are today.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
Salary is competitive and compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org