Academic Interventionist (23-24)
Who we are:
Alpha Public Schools is a public charter school network of four schools educating approximately 1,900 scholars in east San Jose. Guided by the belief that our students belong in college, we ensure safe, inclusive, and student-centered learning environments to help our students thrive. What sets us apart is the very thing that makes us who we are– our community. Alpha was founded by a group of mothers on the eastside of San Jose who sought better educational opportunities for their students. We maintain a strong connection to our community and engage families in a collaborative approach to offer a holistic education to our students.
A successful Alpha Support Team Member:
The successful Alpha team member believes that ALL students are capable of success. They uphold high expectations for students, ensuring that our scholars are achieving growth. The successful Alpha team member is excited to receive coaching and feedback, understanding that their growth as an educator is an ever-evolving process. We seek educators who are committed to amplifying and celebrating the diverse experiences and cultures of our scholars and their families; educators who are excited to be a member of a vibrant school community; and, educators who provide access to instruction for all students by responding to socio-emotional needs, supporting literacy development across all classes and content areas, using culturally responsive instructional strategies, and accommodating individual learning differences.
Alpha Academic Interventionists are expected to:
- Schedule and execute small group instructional pullouts for learners in the classroom or grade level assigned
- Analyze data and conduct assessments to track student intervention progress and make informed decisions
- Support establishing and maintaining standards of student behavior for a productive learning environment during class sessions
- Execute classroom management plan, behavior intervention plans, and incentive systems in collaborations with lead teacher
What we offer:
At Alpha we care deeply about our scholars and staff. To support our team (and hopefully you!) we offer:
- The hourly rate for this role is $23.09 and goes up with experience
- Health benefits plans for medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage for staff and their families
- Retirement matching options
- Paid time off for holidays and Winter break between the end of December and New Year's (2 weeks)
- Generous paternity/maternity leave benefits including 4 weeks of paid parental leave in addition to the state and federal leave allowances
- APS Tuition Assistance Program provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance towards attaining bachelor degrees and teacher credentials
- Employee Assistance Program that provides access to professional services for workplace, life, and wellbeing support and services
- HS Diploma or GED, required (AA degree preferred)
- OR completion of two years of college, not a degree but seventy-two (72) quarter hours or forty-eight (48) semester hours of college credit
- OR a passing score on the Praxis Parapro Assessment Test
- High behavioral expectations and academic expectations for all students
- Excellent knowledge of child development and educational practices
- Experience working with students and classroom management
- Willingness to be flexible with your schedule
- A commitment to working with students in traditionally underserved communities. Approximately 80% of Alpha’s students are from under-resourced communities and will be the first in their families to go to college. The majority of our students are Latinx and/or Vietnamese.
Join our team…
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter online.
Alpha Public Schools is a network of four high-performing public charter schools founded by a group of East San José mothers dedicated to helping transform their community. We have a strong growth mindset – as individuals, as an organization, and on behalf of our students and families. We want to be better tomorrow than we are today.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
Salary is competitive and compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com