Graphic Design Assistant, SuccessLink Leader
Artists For Humanity (AFH), a non-profit based in South Boston, provides under-resourced
teens the keys to self-sufficiency through paid employment in art and design. Bridging
economic, racial, and social divisions, AFH enriches urban communities by introducing
young people's creativity to the business community.
Minimum Entrance Qualifications for SuccessLink Leader Candidates:
Summer Session Hours of Work: July 10- August 25, Monday-Thursday from 11AM-6PM
Compensation: Minimum wage, $15.00/hour (2023)
• SuccessLink Leaders must be between the ages of 19-24.
• Strong oral and written communication and customer service skills, particularly with young people.
• Ability to interact effectively with community based managers to assist in the youth employment program implementation.
• Strong ability to organize and prioritize work as needed.
• Additional specific qualifications may be needed, based on individual site placement.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
Boston Residency Required.
CORI/SORI check required.
Graphic Design Assistant: Part-Time (15-25 hours per week)
As a hybrid organization, AFH raises philanthropic funds and offers creative services and
venue rentals to generate revenue—all to support our mission and work. The need for
sharing our story and the impact of our mission, both in print and digital, has grown
exponentially in response.
Reporting to and in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Branding, and working
in collaboration with AFH's Visual Designer and Social Media Coordinator, and other
members of the AFH staff, the internal Graphic Designer will develop creative concepts and
designs that advance AFH’s messaging in the context of our mission and brand.
▪ Apply the AFH Brand Guidelines in the conceptualization and design of a wide range
of graphic content for both digital and print communications that support AFH’s
impact storytelling and the promotion of our creative services, venue rentals, and
▪ Support brand consistency in presentation across campaigns and assets used for our
promotional materials (portfolios, postcards, signage, banners, labels, etc.), social
media platforms, gallery screens, AFH’s website, Virtual Open Studio, and any other
scenario where the AFH brand needs to be represented.
▪ Develop and maintain a master list of ongoing needed graphic assets (both current
and archived) and learn how to develop a production schedule to ensure the team
meets deadlines for AFH's internal collateral, campaigns, and events.
▪ Keep up with design trends and industry best practices.
▪ Employ the Adobe Creative Suite and other relevant software to create and deliver
quality graphics to advance AFH's visual goals.
▪ College Junior or Senior studying Graphic Design or equivalent study focus or
experience. UX experience, a plus.
▪ Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustration, InDesign, and Photoshop.
After Effects is a plus.
▪ Experience in the design of visual identity systems, brand strategy, publication, and
▪ Strong Design Skills: responsive design, concept development, design thinking,
typography, layout, illustration, and graphics.
▪ Knowledge of print/digital production and file delivery.
▪ Good management and communication skills (time management, verbal and written
communication, presentation, and organization)
▪ Passion for and demonstrated commitment to the AFH mission and the power of
young people as influential creatives and active contributors to the business
community and society as a whole