Network Engineer - Portland, ME - Job 6328
Classification: Exempt / Non-Bargaining
The Network Engineer is responsible for the design, configuration and implementation of routers, switches, firewalls and any related products required to support VOIP technologies and other applications.
In addition, the Network Engineer will be assisting with configuration and implementation of server hardware and infrastructure, data storage any related products required to support VOIP technologies and other applications.
Performs job duties consistent within safety, legal, and regulatory requirements; company standards, culture and business practices. Acts with the highest level of business and personal ethical standards in all aspects of job performance.
- Monitor and troubleshoot hardware, software and networking problems of the LAN and WAN environment.
- Work with customers to derive program needs and design solutions and implement such solutions.
- Closely coordinate work with other departments
- Design, migration, and support for Microsoft and VMware Virtualization systems
- Remote monitoring of servers and workstations
- Management of peripheral network devices
- Virus detection and removal
- Proactive planning to reduce downtime
- Disaster recovery planning
- First response internet-down troubleshooting
- Deployment of new and updated applications
- Availability to work evenings and weekends on occasion
- Support Marketing staff with technical assistance or guidance.
- Contributes to departmental activities and programs by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Possible travel within the state of Maine, no more than 10%.
- Ability to learn additional skills pertaining to telephony products
- Ability to obtain Microsoft, VMware and Veeam technical certifications
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to troubleshoot network hardware such as Cisco, Adtran or HP
- Strong, applied technical knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- Familiarity with supporting Microsoft and VMware Virtualization
- Proven experience and success with design of Information Technology infrastructure.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication skills.
- Must pass a background check and drug screen.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Electronics or related field (strongly preferred)
- 5 – 7 years’ telephony networking or IT experience
- Networking certifications such as CCNA
- Microsoft and VMware Certification or equivalent desired but not required
We are proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package:
- 401(k) matching
- Medical, Rx, Dental and Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Annual bonus program to eligible employee's based upon organization performance
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, familial status, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.