IMG Artists are recruiting for a Tour/Production Associate to coordinate the logistics and contracts of performances and tours worldwide for a variety of attractions (dance companies, world music, and theatrical attractions) and individual artists involving ongoing touring activities, individual dates and extensive tours as well as servicing the day-to-day activities of a wide variety of artists.
- liaising closely with artists/tour managers as well as promoters, orchestras and venues in order to produce highly detailed tour or engagement schedules including load-in, rehearsals, load-outs, etc.
- supporting the creation of riders for all roster artists/attractions/companies/projects as required
- ensuring that all rehearsal, technical, stage and concert requirements are met in advance
- collating and distributing publicity material; proof-reading draft materials (posters, programs, etc)
- arranging backline, insurance, additional musicians and production personnel, catering and tickets as needed
- applying for work permits and visas in a timely and efficient manner
- helping to ensure that sponsor needs are met
- general trouble-shooting when artists/ensembles/productions are on the road or tours are in progress
- preparing detailed itineraries and tour books for artists in advance of arrival on tour with updates as necessary
- writing/preparing contracts for orchestras, soloists and promoters; checking incoming contracts and negotiating any required changes
- creating and maintaining detailed tour and cash-flow budgets
- applying for tax exemptions or reductions
- arranging cash advances and per diems if required
- checking and approving all invoices in connection with a project and liaising with our Accounting Department before and after tours to ensure that all payments are correct and timely
Travel & Hotels
- organizing logistics for all aspects of and negotiating costs (where applicable) for all hotels and travel for tours/engagements (or work with tour operator to do so), ensuring that all these aspects are delivered to a high standard, including:
- domestic/international flights, ground transportation and/or shipping for personnel and cargo
- arranging special group check-ins at airports and hotels and meet-and-greets at airport and/or hotel arrivals
- special needs of artists ensembles as required
Provide support to senior members of the Dance, Artists & Touring Division team and work very closely with booking staff on all aspects of artist engagements before, during and after performances.
Being responsible for the recruitment and training of Interns within the Touring, Dance & Attractions Division.
Updating the relevant divisional pages as well as individual artists/Attractions pages for the IMG Artists’ website in coordination with the Press and Marketing team.
- A knowledge of or some experience in the area of theatre, dance or concert production tech and/or working with theatre, dance, music or concert technical details and personnel is desired.
- Experience in working with live performance venues, arts organizations and/or arts management companies preferred.
- Highly motivated, flexible, efficient, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative in problem-solving and offering solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail sensitivity with exemplary speed and follow-through.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in writing, on the phone and in person – especially with artists, technical staff and presenters.
- Ability to work / remain calm under pressure and adhere to multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel), Adobe, Constant Contact. Some knowledge of basic graphic design and an openness to learning additional software packages as needed is desired.
- Willingness to attend performances and travel occasionally.
- Possesses a good sense of humor and a positive attitude.
- Able to work as part of a busy and large division and create networks across the company and industry with a strong sense of teamwork.
- A bachelor’s degree and experience in the touring, dance, theatre or music industries.
- Fluency in a language in addition to English.
- One year of experience in a similar or related role.
The starting salary for this position is $45,000 per annum
Closing date for applications: June 30th 2023
This is a full-time position with an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary. Prospective candidates must be authorized to work in the US and should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Tour/Production Associate’ in the subject line.
In order to concentrate resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Company welcomes and values the benefits of diversity in its workforce and aims to ensure that its staff achieve, as far as is possible, their full potential and that all employment decisions are taken without reference to irrelevant or discriminatory criteria. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required, please use email@example.com if there is anything that you want to make us aware of.