US Analyst/Associate - Financial & Client Services (FCS)
About Credit Agricole
Credit Agricole CIB, the Corporate & Investment Banking Arm of the Credit Agricole group, specialises in the businesses of capital markets and investment and corporate banking.
Credit Agricole CIB in 1 Click
Credit Agricole CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Credit Agricole Group, the 10th largest banking group worldwide in terms of balance sheet size (The Banker, 2022). The Bank offers its clients a broad range of products and services in capital markets, investment banking, structured finance and corporate banking.
The CIB Arm of the Group
As the No. 1 retail bank in France, Credit Agricole is the leading financial partner of the French economy and one of the largest retail banks in Europe. Its ambition: to create a world-class European leader in banking and insurance, in accordance with the principles of the United Nations Global Compact.
US Analyst Program Summary
This US Analyst position provides support to the junior and senior bankers in the group. This position will offer exposure to a high-profile department within Credit Agricole CIB.
The U.S. Analyst program offers an opportunity for recent college graduates interested in finance and investment banking to actively participate in this fast-paced and challenging industry. We provide our U.S. Analysts with the tools necessary for professional growth and career advancement.
The U.S. Analyst position will be available for a maximum of 2 years. The goal of the U.S. Analyst program is to develop the ideal candidate into a full-time position at the end of the two years.
About Financing & Client Services (FCS)
FCS is divided into three sub-teams:
Structured Finance “SFI” (Project Finance, Transportation and Real Estate lending)
International Trade & Transaction Banking “ITB” (Cash Management, Supply Chain, Export Finance, Trade Finance and Global Commodity Finance lending)
Corporate Leverage Financing “CLF” (US Corporate and Financial Institution lending).
Across the function, FCS provides support on the full spectrum of commercial banking activities. Areas of activity include but are not limited to:
- origination, structuring and arranging of syndicated loans and bilateral facilities
- acting as agent on complex, syndicated lending transactions
- underwriting and distribution of primary and secondary market loans across all business lines
- acting as a subject matter expert for new and existing transactions
-The person will be attached to the ITB team for the booking of transactions and to assist both teams for transversal projects. This will include:
- Carefully analyze and review credit agreements / amendments / assignments in order to book deal(s) in the Bank’s systems
- Set-up covenants and collateral
- Electronic filing of the legal documents
-Perform additional internal tasks to monitor our portfolio.
-Manage directly a discrete portfolio under the supervision of more senior team members
-To perform general administrative tasks associated with middle office functions for various business lines
- Recent college graduate with 0-1 years of experience in Finance or related field
- You will not require Visa Sponsorship for employment in the US now or in the future (OPT, F-1 Visa, etc.)
- Analytical skills
- Capacity to work autonomously and to organize work (ability to define priorities and achieve results in predefined timeline)
- Listening and communication (oral and written) skills
- Capacity to build good relationships with staff, clients, banks, consultants, etc.