Art Cart EXTRA! Teacher
Art Cart EXTRA! Teacher
The Madison Museum of Contemporary Art (MMoCA) seeks candidates for a temporary Art Cart EXTRA! Teacher. This position is responsible for planning and leading innovative, outdoor, drop-in art projects to make art accessible to all Madison families. This position will work weekends during the months of June, July, and August 2023, between 6-8 hours per week.
The Madison Museum of Contemporary Art is an independent, nonprofit organization that presents exhibitions by local, regional, national, and international artists. MMoCA exhibits, collects, and preserves modern and contemporary art to provide transformative experiences that educate, reflect, and inspire us as individuals and as a community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive 15-passenger van to Madison parks for weekend events, which occur on both Saturdays and Sundays throughout the summer.
- Collaborate with co-leader to plan and implement all program activities and projects.
- Create easily adaptable projects to age, ability, and park conditions.
- Organize, request, and maintain supplies.
- Communicate clearly with participants.
- Communicate openly with MMOCA supervisors.
- Create an encouraging, inclusive environment where all feel welcome.
- Contribute to MMoCA's initiatives to expand and advance diversity, equity, accessibility,
- and inclusion.
- Qualifications (Education, Experience, Certifications, Licenses)
- Educational background in visual arts
- Minimum of 2 years leading or teaching youth; past experience working with diverse
populations is preferred.
- Must be comfortable driving 15-passenger van
- Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Must be able to work outside all day with hands-on art projects
- Must be creative and flexible
- Excellent organization skills, trustworthy, and reliable
- Proven ability to be appreciative of multiple diverse perspectives, and willingness to
- commit to MMoCA’s initiatives regarding diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion.
- Work Environment and Job Specifications
- The work environment and job specifications listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee, with or without accommodations, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Primarily perform work in an outdoor environment.
- Work with frequent interruption.
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- How to Apply
- Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position pays $18/hour.
227 State Street • Madison, WI 53703 • 608.257.0158 • mmoca.org