Marketing/Social Media Intern
Staff whose work requires or potentially could require any in-person interaction with Save the Children colleagues, partners, or beneficiaries must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless otherwise required by law. Save the Children complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.
Save the Children is looking for a motivated and talented individual to support the marketing efforts and social media presence of Save the Children Head Start programs. Our ideal candidate is a motivated individual with creative thinking, problem solving and writing skills.
What You’ll be Doing (Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Impact)
- Creating, improving and maintaining digital and printed content to improve brand awareness.
- Create and grow social media presence/profiles.
- Support marketing campaign planning and execution.
- Design flyers, graphics, social media posts, promotional emails and other marketing collateral.
- Assist in the creation of written, video and image content for marketing channels.
- Help develop strategies for capturing target audience and current customer engagement.
- Measure and report results of marketing initiatives.
- Must be actively enrolled in an Associate, Bachelor, Master or other post high school education program, or have graduated within 6 months of intern program start date preferably in a related field (Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Graphic Design, etc.)
- Possess strong written skills, solid interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Currently eligible to work in the U.S.
- Please attach resume and cover letter to your application
- Experience working with or creating communication tools for culturally and socio-economically diverse families and children
What’s In It for You
- Hands-on projects that will expand your portfolio
- Opportunity to accumulate actual data and evidence
- Structured learning and development program
- Meaningful work under the direct supervision of an experienced Save the Children staff member
- Highly collaborative and innovative teams
- Networking program with managers across the organization
- Flexible schedule
- A family friendly work environment
- The knowledge that the work you are supporting is changing the lives of children all around the world
Classification: Paid Intern
Part-time: 24 hours per week
Dates: September 18- December 8, 2023
Pay: $16.10 per hour
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Our work for children and their families requires that we commit—at every opportunity—to work together to identify and dismantle persistent systemic and structural racism, inequality, and any other forms of discrimination in this country and beyond. As an anti-racist organization, Save the Children will not tolerate discrimination in any form—in our employment practices, amongst our staff, in our leadership or toward the people we serve. We stand in solidarity with all people to fight for equal rights, justice, inclusion, and belonging.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom we are in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation.
Save the Children is committed to minimizing safety and security risks for our valued employees, ensuring all are given training, support and information to reduce their risk exposure while maximizing the impact of our programs for children and families. Our shared duty, both agency and individual, is to seek and maintain safe working conditions for all.