Hack.Diversity [Boston] 2024 Fellowship - Data Analytics
Join the Hack.Diversity Movement to build a more inclusive, innovative, and prosperous Boston. We partner with the city’s fastest growing tech teams to identify, develop, and equip high-performing talent — who predominantly identify as Black or Latinx/e/a/o — to launch careers as software engineers, data analysts, and mechanical engineers within the innovation economy.
Early Decision Deadline: Sept 3
Regular Decision Deadline: Nov 15
NOTE - This program may require candidates be able to travel to Boston. While the majority of the Fellowship will be virtual, there will be required in-person events in the Winter and Spring, and some Fellows will be matched to an for an on-site internship in the summer. At this time, we are not able to enroll candidates who cannot engage in person.
Please direct questions to the Fellow Success Team, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Timeline (~20 hours per month):
- December/January virtual onboarding & offer signing
- January start - Orientation session
- Feb-May programming (one half-day workshop per month, weekly to bi-weekly mentor meetings, required Learning Labs, technical group project work)
- Internship Application, Interview, and Offers (not guaranteed) will happen between April & May
- If matched to an internship, internships will be required to work 40 hours/week for roughly 12 weeks in the Summer
- If not matched, Fellows will continue to have learning labs, mentorship, and job placement training
- Fellowship graduation is in late August
**Hack.Diversity thanks you for taking the time to learn about our mission, apply, and take the steps to launch your career in technology. We understand the application process may be intimidating - please know we are here to help you succeed and are always happy to answer questions about the program, our mission, or internships. It's time to Hack Boston Tech and we can't wait to meet you.**
Who should apply?
Candidates matching the following:
· Identify as Black or Latinx
· Pursuing careers in data analytics or data science
· At least 1.5 - 2 years of technical foundation in data analytics tools through coursework, bootcamps, personal projects, etc.
· Available to dedicate 20 hrs/month between January – May 2024 to participate in Hack.Diversity programming, including virtual and in-person workshops and events in the Greater Boston area
· Available to dedicate 40 hrs/week between June – August 2024 to participate in a Full-time internship, Hack.Diversity programming including virtual and in-person workshops and events in the Boston area