Bilingual Cantonese/Mandarin Insurance Navigator
NADAP, Inc. is a multiservice non-profit agency dedicated to helping people with medical, behavioral health and social service needs to become self-sufficient. NADAP programs assist disadvantaged populations in New York City and Nassau County. NADAP's services include health insurance enrollment, assessment, care coordination, case management, professional training, job preparation and placement services. NADAP is dedicated to building a culturally diverse workforce, one that aspires to promote an environment that welcomes and supports diversity, equity, inclusion and affirms equal opportunities for all. Visit us at www.nadap.org.
NADAP, Inc. is seeking full-time entry level/hybrid Bilingual Korean Insurance Navigators to provide health insurance enrollment and education to New York residents. If you are a recent high school or college graduate looking to get exposure to the insurance field and the nonprofit world, this job may be perfect for you! Navigators work in a hybrid schedule, in office and remotely.
The goal of our program is to educate and assist individuals and small businesses to enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace including Medicaid, Child Health Plus, the Essential Plan, and Qualified Health Plans. The Bilingual Navigators will work with participants to enroll them online into the NY State Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Provides education and enrollment services to individuals and small businesses about the State’s healthcare plans and guides individuals through the Marketplace’s enrollment process
- Achieve 50 enrollments on a monthly basis
- Builds partnerships with local communities for enrollment and referral purposes and works at network partner sites to actively market and promote the program to target populations
- Enters service information into NADAP’s database, produces weekly enrollment reports, and writes post-event reports
- Works with onsite organizations to coordinate referrals for eligible participants
- Conducts outreach to community and participates in marketing events and identifies and contacts eligible participants, through face-to-face outreach, email, phone
- Schedules appointments with eligible participants, and follows-up with reminders, including phone and email contact
- Attends staff meetings, trainings and provides program updates to manager
- Education: High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience: Entry level; we provide complete training needed for this role
- Bilingual speaker is required: English and Cantonese/Mandarin
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and online research
- Ability to work flexible hours with a rotating schedule. Work late nights and on weekends on occasions
- Comfortable with field work (approx. 50%). Note that most field work is on hold during outbreak of COVID-19.
Hybrid Schedule 3 days in office, 2 days remote