Development & Events Internship
Since 1989, the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) has maintained a singleness of purpose that has guided the organization to become the most respected and trusted sportsmen’s organization in the political arena. CSF’s mission is to work with Congress, governors, and state legislatures to protect and advance hunting, angling, recreational shooting, and trapping. The unique and collective force of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus (CSC), the Governors Sportsmen’s Caucus (GSC) and the National Assembly of Sportsmen’s Caucuses (NASC), working closely with CSF, and with the support of major hunting, angling, recreational shooting, and trapping organizations, serves as an unprecedented network of pro-sportsmen elected officials that advance the agenda of America’s hunters and anglers.
The Development and Events intern will have an opportunity to learn the importance of event planning and development in the hunting, angling, and conservation non-profit arena.
DUTIES: Support the needs of the Development and Events team, including assisting with event preparation and breakdown. Additional responsibilities will depend upon the ability and interest of each intern and the needs of CSF. Maintaining the highest level of professionalism while interacting regularly with CSF staff, elected officials, and supporters of the Foundation is vitally important.
POSITION: This is a volunteer internship with flexible start / end dates to be mutually agreed upon by CSF and successful applicant(s).
- Undergraduate or graduate student with an interest in event planning and development;
- Available to work on a committed weekly schedule, preferably 40 hours/week for a minimum of three months, but will also consider a part-time position;
- Ability to organize, set priorities, and work under pressure while paying attention to detail;
- Strong computer skills;
- Good disposition, hard-working, creative, with an interest in taking on a variety of tasks; and
- Commitment to the goals and methods of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation. An interest in hunting, fishing, and outdoor recreation is encouraged.