Analyst Position at dQ&A Market Research in San Francisco
How would you like to work on a really BIG public health challenge? We are dQ&A, a research company committed to making life better for people living with diabetes – that’s 30 million people in the USA (equivalent to the population of Texas!) and 463 million people worldwide. We translate the experiences and opinions of thousands of patients and healthcare professionals into data and information to help companies and patient advocacy groups create better diabetes products and services. As an Associate at dQ&A, you will work to amplify patient voices and improve health outcomes for people with diabetes through data inquiry, analysis, and interpretation. We are looking for both Quantitative and Qualitative Analysts to hire starting in Summer 2024.
ABOUT THE QUANTITATIVE ASSOCIATE/ANALYST POSITION
The Associate/Analyst position is a two-year commitment, with opportunities for promotion and career development. You will assume significant responsibility early on, learning and then leading one of our ongoing research services, or taking a major role in individual research projects. You can expect to:
- Develop, program and field online research surveys to people living with diabetes and healthcare professionals across the United States, Canada, and Europe.
- Analyze data from online surveys, discussion board communities, interviews, and mobile ethnographies.
- Translate data analysis into compelling reports and visualizations that tell the story of the data and uncover important insights.
- Lead and manage projects, clients, partners, and vendors.
- Have the opportunity to contribute to published research for global and international medical conferences and in peer-reviewed journals.
- Gain early management experience as you take responsibility for new analysts in your second year.
ABOUT THE QUALITATIVE ASSOCIATE/ANALYST POSITION
The Qualitative Analyst will support the three members of the qualitative research team. If you are more of a words person than a numbers person, then you may enjoy qualitative research, as we are all about figuring out the reasons why people behave the way they do. You can expect to:
- Develop recruitment surveys to people with diabetes and health care professionals.
- Analyze qualitative data from discussion board communities, interviews, focus groups, and mobile ethnographies.
- View qualitative research sessions.
- Receive moderator training and conduct qualitative interviews with people with diabetes and healthcare professionals.
- Write qualitative research reports.
- Take on additional responsibilities and broaden your knowledge in your second year.
All Associates, both Quantitative and Qualitative, will have multiple opportunities to interact with leaders and influencers in the medical field as well as senior managers at medical technology and pharmaceuticals companies. Our culture is highly collaborative: you will work closely with other team members in a collegial office environment. There may be occasional travel to diabetes conferences and/or client sites. dQ&A is based in the vibrant Lower Haight neighborhood of San Francisco, and these are in-person positions.
We are looking for motivated people with all types of skills, backgrounds, interests, and experiences. You will be a good fit for us if you:
- Want to work hard in a mission-driven organization dedicated to helping people with their health.
- Have strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Academic experience with research or data analysis is a plus.
- Can multi-task, learn, and adapt in a fast-paced work environment.
- Have great oral and written communication skills.
- Pay attention to detail and have a quality-focused mindset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
We consider these a plus:
- Academic experience with research or data analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and/or PowerPoint.
- Experience with survey or computer programming or statistical software, such as SPSS, SAS, R, MarketSight, or Qualtrics.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Our compensation package is appropriate for living happily in San Francisco, with promotion opportunities and salary increase after 12 months.
- 401(k) plan with employer contribution
- Health insurance plan
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy food
- Financial support for gym membership/fitness classes
- Public transportation pass
- Professional development support
- A supportive, collaborative, and inclusive work environment
ABOUT THE ASSOCIATE/ANALYST PROGRAM
The Associate Program at dQ&A gives new college graduates unparalleled exposure to the real world of healthcare and business, valuable experience working with data, early responsibility, and opportunities for travel. dQ&A also provides a professional development grant and expert resources for Analysts who wish to attend graduate school after completing the two-year program, such as medical school, business school, graduate programs in public health and policy, and more.
dQ&A is part of a family of organizations with a shared purpose to improve life for people with diabetes. They are:
- dQ&A, focused on rigorous and creative research to bring about positive change in the lives of people with diabetes.
- Close Concerns, an information services company focused on diabetes;
- diaTribe, a nonprofit with a mission to improve the lives of people with diabetes and prediabetes, and to advocate for action.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested, please apply now at this link. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and you are encouraged to apply early. This year we have an optional early application deadline of November 15, 2023 to give candidates an opportunity to complete the process and possibly receive an offer before year end. We will accept applications through January 1, 2024. Please do not apply through your school’s career portal – we will not receive these applications.
If you so wish, we will automatically consider you for openings at our sibling organization, Close Concerns, so you only need to apply once. We will answer all your questions during the selection process, and you can always express any preferences.
In addition to the question fields in our online application, please attach the following as a single PDF document in the “Resume” field:
- Resume as PDF – please include high school rank and GPA, undergraduate GPA, major, and graduation year
Please email Rebecca McClure at email@example.com if you have any problems with the application form. For questions regarding the dQ&A Associate/Analyst position, please email Jen Klinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.