Life Science Expert or Associate (Strategy Consulting) w/ PhD, MBA, or similar consulting experience
***We will not see your application unless you apply via the "Apply Externally Button"***
APPLICANTS MUST BE DEDICATED TO THE LIFE SCIENCES / BIOSCIENCES FIELD, AS DEMONSTRATED BY WORK HISTORY AND FIELD OF STUDY (E.G., BIOENGINEERING, BIOLOGY, BIOCHEMICAL ENGINEERING, MOLECULAR BIOLOGY).
THIS APPLICATION IS FOR ASSOCIATE OR LIFE SCIENCE EXPERT OPPORTUNITIES COMMENCING IN 2024.
For additional information, please sign-up for an info session webinar via a link on our job board: https://www.decibio.com/careers/open-positions
The enthusiastic DeciBio Consulting (“DeciBio”) Strategy Consulting team is seeking multi-faceted Life Science specialists who bring unique perspectives while solving business riddles. The Associate and Life Science Expert positions may be based at our dog-friendly Los Angeles HQ, our Oakland office, or our New York office. Though, all team members are expected to complete training at our LA HQ.
***Please complete the short answer questions in lieu of a cover letter. Case interviews will take place remotely, online. Final round interviews will take place either remotely or at DeciBio's headquarters, depending on necessary safety precautions at that time. Candidates are evaluated on a case-by-case basis and may be placed in the appropriate role depending on their preparedness on day one.***
- STRATEGY CONSULTING +: We are a precision medicine-focused Strategy Consulting firm, our separate Data Intelligence divisions develop novel software and other sources of market intelligence, and our Venture Capital division is a stakeholder supporting emerging technologies
- PROJECTS: Our projects cover various precision medicine markets, e.g., Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS), dPCR, Cell & Gene Therapies, Single Cell, Immuno-Oncology (I/O), CAR-T, Companion Diagnostics, Liquid Biopsy, NIPT, Digital Pathology, Healthcare IT, and Patient-Centered Technology Solutions
- CLIENTS: Our clients range from start-ups to Fortune 500 firms
- FARM TEAM SYSTEM: Team members gain early and rapid access to growth opportunities and can proactively "write their own story" in our "intrapreneurial" environment
- RESEARCH: Lead, guide, and conduct primary research campaigns (e.g., interviews) using business intuition, interpersonal skills, and emotional intelligence; Lead and conduct secondary research (e.g., reviewing technical and professional publications, etc.) regarding competitors, patients, customers, products, markets, etc.
- ANALYSIS: Collaborate with team members to find trends, conclusions, and recommendations based on your research, Excel models, and other data analyses
- COMMUNICATION: Create detailed PowerPoint presentations that paint the strategic story, and present these deliverables to clients
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Learn to manage projects, multiple team members, client communications, and internal firm development initiatives
Benefits (among others):
- Market salary ($121k base salary for Associates and $133k for Life Science Experts), performance bonus (up to 20% of base), company profit sharing (0-10% of annual comp), and a 401(k) plan with contributions from DeciBio
- Paid parental leave: 12 weeks for all eligible new parents, plus 4 weeks pregnancy disability leave during a pregnancy
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance plans
- Self-directed "owner" PTO policy, holidays, and additional office closures; Harmonious core values
- Dog-friendly work environment
- A supportive, collaborative, and inclusive community of "DeciBions"
- Various benefits associated with being a part of a dynamic and growing firm that empowers its employees
- Targeted career nurturing, including a Career Mentor Program
- Customized workflows/paths and opportunities to carve out an applicable niche of your choice
- Higher-level thinking (e.g., Intuition, emotional intelligence (EQ), a natural "business sense," and ideation prowess)
- An athletic mind (e.g., agile, flexible, and multi-faceted, with analytical rigor/strength)
- Proactive communication and interpersonal skills
- Embodiment of DeciBio's Core Values
- A love for the life sciences (including academic degree(s) in this field)
- A genuine appreciation for DeciBio's differentiators
- A demonstrated interest in business strategy
- A hunger for work and continuous personal improvement
- A PhD or an MBA or equivalent; or years of directly comparable life science consulting experience
- Superb presentation, writing, and analytical abilities in a fast-paced work environment
- MS Office suite experience (especially Excel and Powerpoint)
IG @ deci.bio
DeciBio Consulting is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace, where DeciBions bring their authentic selves to work each day. DeciBio Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, color, religion, age, or other legally protected status.
Candidates must have authorization to lawfully work in the United States.