Development Operations Intern
Japan Society’s Development office seeks applicants for our Fall 2023 internship. The internship will learn about the daily operations of the Individual Giving office, including gift processing, member retention, and data maintenance. Working with the Development Operations team will be an excellent opportunity to gain an introductory experience in fundraising and non-profit management at an internationally-recognized nonprofit cultural organization.
Note: Japan Society’s internship program gives interns the opportunity to choose whether to work in our office or in a hybrid capacity.
- Learn how to process and acknowledge Individual Giving memberships and gifts
- Conduct donor research and assist with updating donor/member information in Raiser’s Edge and Ticketure
- Manage our calendar to track programs and pull ticketing data for the team
- Represent the Individual Giving/Membership team by managing customer service inquiries via e-mail
- Provide staff support at various Society events
- Complete other projects as needed
Applicants should be extremely organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and must be a dependable team player who can take the initiative on projects. Familiarity working with Microsoft Excel is a plus.
Internship Dates and Time Commitment:
- Fall Semester 2023 (late September – January) with the option to extend to the Spring
- 16-20 hours per week
- Gain first-hand experience in non-profit fundraising and research
- Develop database and general office skills
- Project management skill development
- Earn academic credit (if approved by your college/university)
- Receive a recommendation letter from the supervising team member (upon request after successful completion of internship)
While internships are unpaid, Japan Society values its interns and provides the following benefits:
- Free or reduced-priced admission to Japan Society programs;
- Free admission for intern and guest to New York City museums;
- Invitations to exhibition openings and other Japan Society events;
- In-service training program for interns.
Japan Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and welcomes a diverse workforce.