Internship in Global Client Group (Undergraduate and Master's) - Austin
Notes to applicants:
- Most roles at Dimensional will be part of our best-of-both hybrid working model. This includes working together in the office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, and choosing to work in the office or remotely on Mondays and Fridays. This maximizes in person collaboration and interaction while simultaneously providing flexibility. This broad universal approach applies to most roles globally with a few exceptions that require more or less time in the office. Please discuss with your Recruiter to confirm the details for this specific role.
- Resumes and portfolios (when applicable) are required as part of your application. When applying from a mobile device or tablet, you may not be able to attach a resume. If you cannot include an attachment at the time of your application, you will receive a follow up email asking you to attach your resume from a computer.
- Here at Dimensional, we strive to be an inclusive workplace for all. Even if you do not match every qualification listed, if you are interested in who we are, what we do, and why we do it, we suggest and encourage you to apply.
Do you have a strong interest in the investing, financial services, and/or asset management industry? If so, Dimensional’s summer internship might be the right fit for you!
Spend your summer working alongside top professionals within asset management to develop innovative, academically backed ways of improving the investment experience.
The Global Client Group (GCG) is Dimensional's distribution arm, comprised of sales channels that target a diverse client set. By putting the client first, we strive to transform the way the world invests, and our solutions are testament to the value provided to our clients. Specifically, the GCG's goal is to develop deep, enduring business relationships with financial advisors, institutions, and consultants to provide insights and tools that can help them deliver a better financial experience. The GCG is responsible for developing new business relationships as well as managing current relationships with our global clients. We take the time to understand clients’ evolving needs, identifying where we can add value and collaborating to provide a better investment experience.
Dimensional is seeking undergraduate or graduate level students actively pursuing a degree to join our 2024 summer internship program. Over the course of a 10-week program interns will play an integral part in the day-to-day support provided to our clients. The internship will provide the opportunity to learn how Dimensional takes principles developed by academic research and applies them to the real world of investing. Interns will work on various presentation and analytical projects and present results to the team at the end of their internship.
Qualifications and Desired Experiences
- Minimum GPA of 3.2; pursuing an undergraduate or specialized Master’s degree with an expected graduation date of December 2024 - June 2025
- Interest in financial markets and passionate about improving the investment experience
- Excellent analytic skills and quantitative problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, highly motivated and able to work independently and in a team environment
- Team-first mindset with an ability to proactively help others solve problems
- Self-starter who is capable of managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) with the ability to learn programs as needed
- An understanding and appreciation of Dimensional's investment philosophy
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship
Dimensional offers a variety of programs to help take care of you, your family, and your career, including comprehensive benefits, educational initiatives, and special celebrations of our history, culture, and growth.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, job assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, discipline, termination, and social and recreational programs.