Social Content Creator
Artists For Humanity (AFH), a non-profit based in South Boston, provides teens paid employment in art and design. Bridging economic, racial, and social divisions, AFH enriches urban communities by introducing young people's creativity to the business community and sharing their voice on the public stage.
Social Content Creator
Artists For Humanity is a powerhouse of art and design, employing teens to work collaboratively with our professional mentors on commissioned jobs for clients and the public stage. We are a creative, exciting, nimble non-profit that both raises philanthropic funds and generates revenue—through our creative services and venue rentals—to support our mission and work. The need for sharing our complex story and the impact of our mission, both in print and digital, has grown exponentially in response to an organization that started over 30 years ago and now employs 350+ teens annually across six creative studios with hundreds of clients.
We are looking for a Creator who understands data—a dynamic Social Content Creator responsible for designing and posting original content to share our stories and build customer engagement and brand awareness. As a Social Content Creator, you will collaborate on the development of an overall social media strategy that advances AFH’s mission and brand voice, integrating key learnings and analytics into future content on an ongoing basis to drive traffic and improve engagement.
To be successful in this position, you are highly motivated, possess strong graphic design and marketing competencies and love building a following. Ultimately, you are highly organized, agile, digitally fluent, always ready to learn and do better, and able to work with little direction, while also seeking input and collaboration from the AFH community to maximize success.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and Branding, working in collaboration with the Marketing and Branding team, with support from the Photography and Video Production studios and other members of AFH community, as needed.
● Contribute to the development of and implement a social media strategy that promotes customer engagement and brand awareness, conducting competitive research, platform determination, messaging, and audience identification, working closely with the Marketing and Branding team.
● Design and develop brand- and market-driven graphic and visual content and assets for our online platforms and AFH events.
● Create, curate, schedule and post creative content for five existing social media channels, that both retains AFH’s audience and increases their engagement, while expanding our network, attracting new fans/advocates/donors/clients to our community.
● Measure, report and apply key performance indicators to maximize results, presenting this as a dashboard to senior marketing, development and program team members for monthly optimizations.
● Contribute to the organization and the Marketing team’s overall strategic direction, developing goals and tactics to deliver on brand results.
● Degree in graphic design or other relevant areas, such as media studies, marketing, communications, and computer sciences with demonstrated, relevant experience.
● Prefer 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
● Prior experience contributing to a dashboard, pulling data/analytics.
● High level of creativity and strong graphic design skills; able to produce brand- and market-driven original ideas and digital campaigns.
● Strong communication/writing skills and ability to create appealing and creative copy and visuals for the organization’s various social media platforms.
● Fluent in social channels (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and TikTok), tracking and interpreting analytics (platform based, Hootsuite, Meltwater, google analytics, etc.) and keeping up on emerging trends to drive future success.
● Ability to manage creative projects for on time and on point delivery.
● Able to work in a fast-paced environment, agency-minded, critical thinker, and nimble, willing and able to change course or direction.
● Proficiency in marketing disciplines and ongoing learning to stay up on industry trends and relevant technological advancements.
● Self-motivated—able to work independently while harnessing the power and insights of the team.
● Highly proficient in the use of the Adobe Creative Suite (most especially Illustrator and In-design), Gmail and google suite of tools, and office suite (most notably excel).
● Hours: FT | 40 hours per week
● Salary: $45,000-$53,000, competitive benefit package.
o Access to health, dental, and vision insurance, 403(b) retirement savings
o Paid Time Off: 20 days (whether vacation, sick or personal)
o Holidays: 17 days