HIV TESTER/COUNSELOR & LINKAGE TO CARE SPECIALIST
JOB TITLE: HIV Tester/Counselor & Linkage to Care Specialist
(Latinx LGBTQ+ & Underserved Communities)
Under the direction of the Director of Prevention Services, the HIV Tester/Counselor & Linkage to Care Specialist will focus on carrying out program activities and contractual agreements set by BIENESTAR on behalf and for clients.
The HIV Tester/Counselor & Linkage to Care Specialist provides HIV, STD, and HCV risk reduction counseling, rapid HIV/HCV/STD screening, client recruitment and targeted outreach to priority individuals, providing education on consistent and proper use of PrEP, condoms, and facilitating the timely entry to treatment (HIV/HCT/STD) including PEP. The HIV Tester/Counselor & Linkage to Care Specialist will also effectively engage, retaining quality medical care HIV – positive and High-Risk Negative individuals, and implement client-centered service plans developed for self-efficacy, HIV Prevention, and viral suppression. The HIV Tester/Counselor & Linkage to Care Specialist will also conduct comprehensive case management to provide access to Biomedical Interventions and Treatment as Prevention Services.
1. Responsible for conducting targeted community outreach and engagement, risk reduction education, referrals, and case documentation including appropriate follow ups based on acuity levels.
2. Conduct comprehensive assessments on clients needs for primary care treatment and/or supportive services, early interventions such as PrEP/PEP, peer-based counseling, and health education in alignment with client’s health literacy levels and language of preference.
3. Provide up-to-date HCV and HIV related risk reduction sessions on-site, off-site, and refer accordingly to the needs identified by clients and their behavioral/sexual risk assessment/profile.
4. Provide services and/or referrals to clients and their families, including HIV education community forums, food banks, transportation assistance, mental health therapy, and other supports.
5. Secure and maintain health screening exams in a HIPPA compliant environment.
6. Identify new community partners and data-driven hotspots where HIV rapid testing can be conducted.
7. Maintain consistent on-going communication with medical providers to streamline the linkage to medical care process and obtain verbal and written verification of services obtained by clients referred.
8. Complete required data collection, maintain consistent follow ups, monthly reporting, and attend all meetings associated with the navigation and support programs.
9. Assist clients in navigating health care services systems including diverse insurance options, medication and provider visit coverage plans, and patient assistance programs to help clients overcome barriers towards optimal health.
10. Coordinate care with Linkage to care Specialists, PrEP/PEP Navigators, Medical Case Managers, and other multidisciplinary teams.
11. Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
1. High School Diploma/GED required (bachelor’s degree preferred).
2. At least two (2) years of demonstrated experience linking at-risk/vulnerable populations.
3. Familiarity with navigation and linkage of programs for high-risk populations.
4. Sensitivity to the needs of diverse cultures and populations, and the issues that impact HCV/HIV positive, High-Risk Negative individuals and their families.
5. Bilingual English/Spanish with excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Experience and interpersonal skills working with culturally and socially diverse community groups including the Latino and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender, and the underserved.
7. Able to work independently within an agency team and have excellent organizational skills.
8. Self-motivated, problem solver, and able to organize job assignments with strong leadership skills.
9. Ability and willingness to work in a team-oriented work environment, with professionals and paraprofessionals from different disciplines, as well as volunteers and clients.
10. Must have a reliable form of transportation as travel to different sites within LA county is required.
LOCATION: Hollywood, East Los Angeles, and Floater Position in Los Angeles County
HOURS: 40 Hours - Some Weekends & Evenings
SALARY: $19.00 - $22.00 per hour commensurate with education and experience.
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 403b retirement package with matching contribution, and 14 paid holidays.
Please submit a resume to: Hrjobs@bienestar.org