Mastercard works to connect and power a sustainable and inclusive global economy. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
About the Team
Data Engineers are fundamental to the success of our client engagements by acting as the bridge between raw client data and Mastercard's software. Data Engineers work closely with both Consultants while working on consulting engagements and Software Development Engineers while working to develop internal capabilities. Data Engineers are responsible for:
- Designing processes to extract, transform, and load (ETL) terabytes of data into Mastercard's analytics platform
- Sourcing data from clients, government and other third party data sources, and Mastercard's transaction data warehouse
- Working across multiple teams, both internal and external, in order to determine the data requirements and business logic applicable to each data set
- Tackling big data problems across various industries
The Launch program is a development program that is supplemental to the role and is designed to help you transition from being a student to being a Mastercard employee. In this program, you will participate in:
- Four-day orientation focused on getting to know Mastercard, building your skills, and be a force for good (Mastercard’s culture)
- Professional skills workshops
- Launch Innovation Week
- Social impact – pro bono team challenge
- Global Volunteer Challenge
As a Data Engineer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Strategic problem solving with exceptional peers who are also passionate about data
- Creative freedom to innovate with new technologies and to explore a variety of solutions
- Staffing on external-facing consulting projects where you will have the opportunity to work directly with clients
- Flexibility to work on many new and challenging projects across diverse industries
- A dynamic environment where you will have an impact and make an immediate difference
- An immediate opportunity for increased responsibility, leadership, and professional growth
- Committed mentoring and training by an experienced and driven leadership team
- Cross-functional collaboration with others throughout Mastercard
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or accelerated master’s program graduating between Dec 2023 – June 2024.
- Less than 1 year of professional work experience (not including internships).
- Experience in relational databases, SQL, ETL Processes, and/or SSIS
- Desire to work with data and help businesses make better data-driven decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving capabilities
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills
- Knowledge of at least one programming language
- Python skills are desirable but not mandatory; willingness to learn and adapt to Python-based projects is highly valued
This role is not eligible for Mastercard’s work authorization sponsorship. As such, candidates must be eligible to work in the United States, now as well as in the future, without employer sponsorship. For example, students or recent graduates in the United States on an F1 visa (including those with CPT or OPT authorization) are not eligible for this role.