Associate Consultant, Corporate Strategy and Research
About the Team
The Corporate Strategy & Research (CS&R) group is an award-winning ~40-person enterprise strategy and internal strategy consulting team within Liberty Mutual Insurance, a Fortune 100 company with 50,000 employees in 29 countries around the world. The group serves as trusted strategic advisers to the CEO and Executive Leadership Team and drives transformational change by taking an enterprise-wide, customer-centric perspective.
Established in 1972, CS&R has an outstanding track record of developing future leaders and serving as a top talent feeder to the organization by creating an environment that fosters intellectual curiosity, professional development, and personal fulfillment. Alumni of the group include our incoming CEO, President of Distribution, Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, and Senior Vice President of Product.
This is a great opportunity for an energetic individual to join a vibrant, high performance and tight-knit team environment that will be front and center in driving change across the enterprise.
We’re in search of intellectually curious, creative, driven individuals who have a strong desire to expand their management consulting toolkit as part of an energetic and high-impact team.
As an Associate Consultant, you will work within a tight-knit consulting team that will collectively advise Liberty Mutual’s senior executives in making key strategic decisions. Projects are typically in the areas of strategy development, growth strategy, organizational design & operating model, innovation, or business transformation, and typically run for 2-5 months.
You will engage in a targeted training program and partner with an experienced Managing Director who will support your development, provide feedback and perspective, and serve as a mentor. Through your project work, you will develop relationships with stakeholders across the organization and have opportunities to present to senior leaders.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding strategic priorities of clients and the role of your team in evaluating and advancing those priorities
- Conducting targeted research and collecting data from various internal and external sources (e.g., executive interviews and workshops, customer surveys)
- Performing high-impact analysis and aiding in both evaluating and designing business solutions
- Communicating with senior leadership to influence and drive the organization to action
- Contributing to CS&R initiatives such as recruiting, talent development, culture building and engagement, or alumni engagement
Candidates should, at a minimum, possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally from a top-tier university
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and written and oral communication skills
- Inquisitive mindset with ability to leverage analysis to influence and gain support of others
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, including project work and department responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and as member of a team
- The role is located in Boston, MA only; working in a hybrid model (weekly blend of 3-4 days in-office and 1-2 days working from home)
Additional qualifications include:
- Motivated by high impact, high visibility work
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment
- Interest in financial services and insurance and demonstrate strong leadership potential
- Excited about contributing to a dynamic and high-performing team culture