Security Engineering Intern
Cvent is a leading meetings, events, and hospitality technology provider with more than 4,800 employees and ~22,000 customers worldwide, including 53% of the Fortune 500. Founded in 1999, Cvent delivers a comprehensive event marketing and management platform for marketers and event professionals and offers software solutions to hotels, special event venues and destinations to help them grow their group/MICE and corporate travel business. Our technology brings millions of people together at events around the world. In short, we’re transforming the meetings and events industry through innovative technology that powers the human connection.
The DNA of Cvent is our people, and our culture has an emphasis on fostering intrapreneurship – a system that encourages Cventers to think and act like individual entrepreneurs and empowers them to take action, embrace risk, and make decisions as if they had founded the company themselves. At Cvent, we value the diverse perspectives that each individual brings. Whether working with a team of colleagues or with clients, we ensure that we foster a culture that celebrates differences and builds on shared connections
At Cvent, our paid information security internships are designed to provide students with real-world mentorship and experience. Interns are exposed to the inner workings of an industry-leading software company and information security program. Interns are expected to take ownership of projects to contribute to the company’s continued success. Projects are assigned based on current information security project schedules and needs, allowing for extensive exposure to the people, processes and technology solutions of the information security department. Cvent’s internships are ideally structured to not only support professional development, but also open the doors to full time employment with the company upon graduation.
In This Role, You Will:
- Build, administer, or support Cvent’s global information security technology solutions.
- Assist with triage and understanding of a wide array of security events and incidents
- Be introduced to implemenantation of standard incident response processes and investigative techniques
- Apply threat hunting and threat intelligence in practical and real-world scenarios
- Assist with team security roadmap projects and tasks
- Assist with the support of other security teams such as Vulnerability Management and Application Security
- Learn how software vulnerability validation, tracking, and reporting activities applies to the threat hunting, incident response, and threat intelligence security domains.
Here's What You Need:
- Graduation date of May 2025
- Currently pursuing a BA/BS in Cyber Security, Information Security, or other related fields.
- Successfully completed coursework covering an array of information security and technology topics.
- The desire to make contributions to the company that will be used by current and future full-time employees.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication.
Most importantly, a successful candidate will be passionate about information security and technology. Keeping up with the latest advancements in the industry; spending time creating, building, and exploring with technical projects; an inquisitive attitude in regards to the workings of hardware and software; and overall, simply having fun and finding enjoyment in the field.