Senior Vice President Finance
Interested in working for a non-profit organization rooted in a tradition of care and compassion? Join our team! CORA Services, a 2021 and 2023 TOP WORKPLACE in Philadelphia, is a fast-paced, growing organization with over 500 team members. CORA's goal is to help children and families who are experiencing emotional, academic, and social challenges which impede their development and productivity--and we have been doing that for over 50 years!
CORA is currently seeking a Senior Vice President, Finance to provide strategic financial leadership to this complex and growing non-profit organization. This position is responsible for all aspects of financial management and planning to assist CORA Services in achieving its strategic goals and optimizing its operations.
- Medical benefits with two options of coverage (coverage begins on the 1st of the month following date of hire)
- Company-paid Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-term Disability Coverage
- Voluntary programs including Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, and Life Insurance 403 (b) Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off Package
- Warm, welcoming, and supportive environment
CORA Services, recipient of a TOP WORKPLACE WOMEN-LED CULTURE EXCELLENCE AWARD in 2021, is committed to developing and sustaining a culture that supports, promotes, and values its employees.
Working as a Senior Vice President Finance, you will:
- Develop and implement financial plans and practices that align with agency goals, mission and values. Contribute to overall agency strategy and vision in partnership with senior staff.
- Provide strong financial leadership in support of the development, expansion, integration and implementation of all programs/services offered through CORA's service divisions.
- Establish management practices that support positive relationships and promote a high level of staff morale, motivation and collaboration.
- Develop, maintain and model productive relationships with CORA colleagues that are rooted in teamwork and mutual respect, always looking for and valuing another's competence and expertise.
- Maintain open lines of communication, keeping the EVP and CEO informed of all critical issues.
- Lead and supervise Finance Department staff in the management of core functions: accounting, financial planning, budgeting, contract and medical billing/ invoicing, financial reporting and analysis, cash/asset management, payroll, auditing, and risk management.
- Direct the development and management of all budgets including capital, operating and 50+ contract/program budgets.
- Ensure budgets, invoices and reports are submitted to funding agencies in accordance with contract requirements.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting and maintain banking relationships including annual line of credit renewal and compliance with debt covenants.
- Oversee the preparation, approval and submission of all financial reporting materials. Coordinate all audit activities and filing of the annual 990 with the IRS.
- Oversee risk management including property and liability and unemployment insurance programs.
- Staff the Board Finance Committee and engage the Committee around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model and related financial issues.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with government agencies, funding sources, vendors, suppliers, and bankers.
Qualified candidates for a Senior Vice President Finance should possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with CPA, CMA or MBA required.10+ years of financial leadership experience in a complex organization, including 5+ years in a senior management role.
- Management experience in a complex nonprofit organization strongly preferred.
- Experience with government contracts.
- Ability to plan, organize, direct, coordinate and improve the financial activities of a large, multi-location organization providing a variety of human services.
- Exceptional analytical, strategic thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment and impeccable integrity.
- Ability to present ideas and explain concepts to non-finance staff in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues; board members; financial professionals; and representatives from funding sources, regulatory bodies, and partner organizations.
- Experience with Accounting and Finance software packages.
- Experience with payroll processes, procedures and software packages preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
CORA Services Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.