Summer Consultant Intern
Rios Partners is a mission-driven consulting firm creating positive change by delivering value for our clients, investing in our employees, and solving tough problems that benefit our local and global communities. We ground our approach in empathy, enabling our team members to better hear our customers’ challenges and work together to develop effective solutions. As a team, we know what it takes to move organizations forward with measurable, sustainable results.
Our primary consideration when evaluating candidates is alignment with our Mission and Values.
Summer Consultant Interns work with consulting project teams to develop solutions for clients in organizational design, strategy, supply chain & network operations, and process efficiency and effectiveness. Please see our “What We Do” page to learn how our teams make an impact across the public, private, and non-profit sector. Summer Consultant Interns must have a minimum of 5 years full-time, post-graduate professional experience and be in the penultimate year of their graduate-level program. The ideal Summer Consultant intern is a student who is ready to contribute their unique perspective, own a piece of work, and become a part of the Rios team! The internship program will take place from May 28th- July 19th, 2024.
Summer Consultant Interns will:
- Demonstrate experience using Human Centered Design (HCD) methodology to develop empathy and design client needs.
- Build relationships with Rios Partners employees and clients. This job requires extensive team interaction with both co-workers and clients. Being polite, inclusive, and respectful is crucial.
- Frame problems in a manner that identifies the root cause. We are looking for individuals who can dig beyond initial symptoms and pinpoint core challenges before developing solutions.
- Analyze data quickly and efficiently. Rios Partners is a data-driven organization; we support our hypotheses with accurate analysis. The ability to quickly identify required data, gather it, and analyze it in an efficient manner is critical to success.
- Lead and mentor team members. Helping our core group of employees is crucial to the company’s growth.
- Brief materials to stakeholders and senior clients. This role in the company is often entrusted to interact one-on-one with leadership and management from client firms.
- Communicate in a professional and persuasive manner. We expect all members of the team to be able to understand their work and present clearly and coherently it to outside parties.
- Deliver results. In short, we get stuff done and we’re looking for team members that do not give up when they encounter challenges and know how to effectively transition from analysis to implementation. Rios is looking for tenacity.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years full-time, post-graduate professional experience
- Must be in penultimate year of graduate program (Master of Business Administration, Master of Public Policy, etc.)
- Strong quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills
- Proficiency with Excel and Power Point
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience
- Strong interest in public service to community, nation, and world
- Experiences supporting Human Centered Design, Supply Chain, Innovation, Org Design, Policy, or Healthcare
- Power BI, Tableau, Python capabilities
- Team leadership experience
- Experience managing senior client relationships
- U.S. work authorization required
- Security Requirements: Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance (i.e. must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident who has resided in US for past three years consecutively)
- Must be willing to live in the DC Metro area for duration of internship experience
- Must be willing to work in-person at client site in DC Metro area or at Rios Partners office in Arlington, VA as needed (final schedule determined by team and project)
Applicants should submit a tailored one-page resume which clearly displays 5 years of post-graduate, full-time professional experience and concisely communicates how past education and experience will allow them to be successful as a Summer Consultant Intern. Cover letters, writing samples, and transcripts are not required. Please read the “Recruiting Process” section of the “Join Our Team” page for detailed information about successfully navigating the process and see below for the Internship Recruitment timeline:
- Jan 7th, 2024: Application deadline
- Feb 8-9: Virtual case interviews
- Feb 16th: Internship offer extension
- May- July 2024: 8-week internship program
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rios Partners is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rios Partners is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify.